Poll: Which Services are better ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reliance Big TV v/s Dish TV v/s TATA Sky

Reliance Big TV v/s Dish TV v/s TATA Sky

Friends,

I am planning to any of this service can you just suggest me which one is better to use and please vote.. so i can select anyone from this 3.

Waiting to see your replies
    I may b a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

Hey Hardik Dont know about Reliance Big TV but i know TATA Sky!
    So my choice will be Dish TV (Thoda aur Wish Karo Disk Karo!)
    Between Cable operators in my location provide over 300 channels in a package which is also
    You should include this option in your poll i feel!

BIG TV Advantages:

• BIG TV is using the MPEG-4 technology which provides more space to carry channels then MEPG2. At the moment BIG TV channels providing 186 TV channels and 10 radio channels. They also have plan to add more then 250 channels in next few months. The MPEG Compression will allow space for much more channels as compared to Dish TV and Tata Sky.
    • BIG TV has better picture quality then any other DTH. You can’t find pixellation problems on any channels and really enjoy digital quality. Sounds also better then other DTH providers due it being of Digital Quality, one can honestly say that Big TV can promote true DVD quality pictures as well as DVD quality sound (Although not the best, but still good)
    • Their starting offers and packages are better then other DTH and provide more channels. Which will mean we will get more while paying less! Reliance is known to crush the market this way and they’re doing nothing different.
    • One of the big advantage of BIG TV is they have all popular channels except Sports channel in their base pack which only cost Rs 175/month. This package contains all of the most popular channels
    • You can enjoy crystal clear picture quality with BIG TV.
    • You can enjoy 12 channels on one screen with their Select option, which means there will be no more troublesome channel switching.
    • During rain, BIG TV’s signals are working better then other DTH and you hardly found Signals loss. This is because Big TV has learned from the experience of Tata Sky and DishTV about how to prevent signal loss in rain.
    • You have detailed EPG for 2 days right now and it will be 7 days soon. You will also be able to set reminders for programs seven days in advance so you will never forget or miss another program again!
    • You have Toll Free numbers for your help.

But as it is said, nothing can really be flawless. Therefore there are some disadvantages with Big TV as well, albeit they are heavily outnumbered by the positive points, nevertheless, here they are:

• BIG TV STB has random problems. Possibly because I was trying it when it was still in Beta stages? However all the problems have since been reported and most likely would have been fixed by now.
    • Channel navigation is slower, it takes a little more time to browse through them.
    • BIG TV logo is quite big, although it would be corrected in future.

Source: saveondish.com

My vote for Reliance Big TV, therefore

Thanks Amil for the info . Its nice to hear the word no pixellation problems as i am currently facing this problem in most of the channels in dish tv and few channels in tata sky. I have both while comparing the quality of the picture dish tv is worst than tata sky.

I am very eager to buy reliance big tv because of the picture quality.can u please list the packages and channels in bifg tv i cant find in from the official site

i got big tv installed in my house 2 days back and i found it very good all channels were available clearly sound was realy very good.previously i was using normal cable with all kich pich but now i m satisfied after buying big tv and i hope big tv maintains its quality

I don't know about reliance big tv, but both the dish tv and tata sky provides poor services as compare to local cable specially in rainy season.

Hathway digital cable gives over 150 channels of digital quality and almost all the features that bigtv or tata or dish tv gives at a cost of Rs180.Who will go for bigtv or tata or dish tv.

The MCQ is effective for us to know the popularity of this.

Thanks for the Amil's Info.

Hello

i think that SUN TV is the best and cheapest service in India

thanks

Did you searched it in our forum? If not then you should have done that. However here are few links for you.

Reliance Big TV Channel List Overview

Reliance BIG TV Offers

Also welcome to Tech-Arena Community
    Have a nice time over here.

Re: Reliance Big TV v/s Dish TV v/s TATA Sky

i suggest that u dont go in for reliance big tv......as there is nothing big about it.......!!!!!!! its been a month today since i purchased this so called "BIG TV".initially it seemed to be pretty good......but, now more than half the channels are not being telecasted.they have to be subscribed.all zee channels are not being telecasted,some of the very good movie channels,cartoon channels,news chanels like aaj tak,tez tv etc are not being telecasted.this is totallly ridiculous.
    i spoke at the customer care and they said that the dealer should have informed you about this....well i was not informed about anything as such....totall customer dissatisfaction!!!!!!
    each pack of channels(pack1:zee,zee premire,zee cinema) a pack 3 is available at the cost of rupees 25.similarly u hav other packs for english and hindi movie channnels all available at 25/- EACH and if u wish to have al the channels you'll have to shell out around 270/- month again for the channels withdrawn(apart from the 2000/- wat i paid initially)....!!! which makes no sense!!
    last but not the least i suggest that u go in for a connection from your local cable operator....... i made a BIG mistake purchasing this so called "BIG TV"........!!!!!
    BIG TV..............BIG FRAUD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by malhotra_chanchal View Post
    i suggest that u dont go in for reliance big tv......as there is nothing big about it.......!!!!!!! its been a month today since i purchased this so called "BIG TV".initially it seemed to be pretty good......but, now more than half the channels are not being telecasted.they have to be subscribed.all zee channels are not being telecasted,some of the very good movie channels,cartoon channels,news chanels like aaj tak,tez tv etc are not being telecasted.this is totallly ridiculous.
    i spoke at the customer care and they said that the dealer should have informed you about this....well i was not informed about anything as such....totall customer dissatisfaction!!!!!!
    each pack of channels(pack1:zee,zee premire,zee cinema) a pack 3 is available at the cost of rupees 25.similarly u hav other packs for english and hindi movie channnels all available at 25/- EACH and if u wish to have al the channels you'll have to shell out around 270/- month again for the channels withdrawn(apart from the 2000/- wat i paid initially)....!!! which makes no sense!!
    last but not the least i suggest that u go in for a connection from your local cable operator....... i made a BIG mistake purchasing this so called "BIG TV"........!!!!!
    BIG TV..............BIG FRAUD!!!!!
    Thanks buddy for making me aware of this fact. I had collected some pamplets and brochure of BIG TV and Dish TV and Tata Sky from their vendors thinking to buy one of it (particularly BIG tv). But I got some doubts about their pay packages for various channels and when I calculated for all channels it actually goes around 300/- per month. This made me realize that this is not worth buying.

Then I started looking for the user reviews on these services and came across numerous dissatisfying reviews on all of these digital TV services. Yours is 1 of such review.

Then I decided to go back to my cable operator and get set-top box and hurray this is soooo good. With only 700/- one time charge for set-top box, I am now getting all the whole world of channels for the same 290/- per month, and all with digital clearity

Thanking you and all such members here for awaring me of these nonsense digital TV services and saving me from committing a BIG mistake

Tata Sky is better than the competitors

If you compare all the DTH players, Tata Sky definitely scores over the rest. In terms of technology & quality of product, its impeccable. Customer service is highly spoken about and praised in all the media. And with Tata Sky Plus in the market, they hve ideally captured most of the premium audiences.

Whereas Big TV & Dish TV are popular but the quality of customer care and infrastructure is poor in comparison. Their CC seems to be least bothered and totally unprofessional (obviously not all of them, but even few jerks in the system will spoil the company name).

Airtel is still new & cant be commented on. But in the current scenario, TS is preferable than its competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by devrajofjaipur View Post
    Also, if you want to be routinely insulted by their cs people.
    Recently, I had problems with the set top box of my dish tv. So I registered a complaint about it. It took the technician one month to reach my home to pick the set top box. Every time you call the customer service, they will close the existing complaint and open a new one with new 24 to 48 hours period. The set top box is still under repair and I call them every day. They always give false assurances. They have pushed me to the limits of my patience. To top it all my subscription fees is going waste. They always promise a replacement of set top box but the replacement never came. To top it all there is no way to get rid of this stupid connection. Dish tv has the worst customer service among all private vendors I had seen till today.

What tips the edge in favour of Tata sky is the quality of the transmission and the customer service. Many people have raised issues about number of channels but i think this would be resolved soon.

I cannot comment on other dth services but can say that Dish Tv is definitely crappy. Buy it only if you are a loyal Zee fan and only watch zee channels. Also, if you want to be routinely insulted by their cs people.

I am very eager to buy reliance big tv because of the picture quality.

i have been wanting to get a DTH now, tired of my local cable guy, and after a week of surfing to find out my best option i think i m gonna settle down for plus, mainly coz of the quality factor and obviously the features that fascinate me. i think its apt for me considering it gives me an option to keep a track of few shows that i like to watch by recording and watching them as per me convinience.

i have found my ideal one .. currently using tata plus.. i'd suggest first check channel packages that is ideal for you..and then make ur choice.. however i think u must leave out dish and big.. m still not sure about airtel, so no comments about tht..
    As far as my experience is with Dish TV their STB quality is good but with frequent disconnections. Also they are changing their package Cost as per their views.

I have started with Dish Maxi package which comes at 300 Rs per month.. in initial stage.. Now when i have renewed that.. They are saying that some of the channels like CNBC TV doesnot part of this package and additional 25 Rs more is required to activate it..

Also they are not intimating this to existing customers.. So really to give opinion that Do not trust on this false players in market.. Go with your Standard local cable operator always..

As every company makes fool to customer after certain period of time

I took TATA Sky connection. Its service is awful. Problem starts with the physical laying of the cable. The email (help@tatasky.com) does not reply to any query. In fact they have the cheek to CLOSE your problem without giving a reason!The tollfree number brings you close to people who know less than what you already know. The web page gives you the 'facilities' ,obviously those which fetch revenue to Tatasky like online payment adding a package etc. If you want to deactivate any package then you will have to wait till the completion of a month -you cannot register automatic cancellation of a package on a future date! I took Star cricket package for the T20 matches which were over in a fortnight I had to wait until the 30 days were over to cancel on thei call centers, they donot take the request to block & tell you to call on a specific day (if you dont, you will be continued with the charges & TAta has a policy of debiting on a daily basis). help@tatasky.com replies with their standard one page mail giving all the call center numbers but without answering the question! The query gives an automatic reply that the query will get their attention & after a time you will find it CLOSED. Sports channels are expensive.With T20, Wimbledon etc going on simultaneously, you will have to register & pay seperately for a min of 30m days. If it rains you donot have the sinals.We do miss out on the climax scenes of movies or the slog over of matches.Tata sky gives a damn for your suggestions. They donot provide you the phone numbers/email ids of the next level for escalation. The bosses on top are probably in the dark , basking on glory of the name "TATA" group! I never expected services of TATASKY to be bad.

If however you can afford to take an annual package for Rs 5000/- it probably is better .

to conclude, I would say that the Local Cablewallah is the best bet!

idea Re: Reliance Big TV v/s Dish TV v/s TATA Sky

Among all the DTH providers Dish tv is the best one.Big TV is the worst one.I have asked for hindi movie channel so i was told to take the noth indian gold package but when i took that package the movie channels like B4u,zee action,zee classic.Now when i try to call the customer care to change the package after entering my smart card no i get a reply that this no is invalid.but anyhow i manage to recharge my card online.So take any connection but not the big tv for certain.

My recommendation to you is to use the TATA sky and that will be the best for you. I am using the same from six months and never got any problem with that and I am sure that you will also experience the same. This is the best among all the services available in market.

TATA Sky “ISKO LAGA DALA TOH LIFE JINGALALA

The only thing which we can compare is on the base of channel package. Other things are not really worth to discuss. I had noticed that there is lot more similary in between the packages offered by them. Like they had lots of regional channels in the dish tv which are actually free channels on air. They should provide that for free. And anyhow this channels does not looks really nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast