Thread: Easy Tune?

Easy Tune?

Hello.

I just got a new computer at my home. I dont know much about the overclocking. So i tried to overclock my machine using Easy tune which i had installed earlier. (I got Easy tune along with my motherboard which is Gigabyte.)

So as i told earlier i am new to overclocking and therefore relied on Easy tune to do the rest of the work. It overclocked my cpu to 3.1 GHz. But when i went to Easy tune's display, it showed me only 1.6 GHz !!! Also in CPU-Z, the frequency is changing randomly by its own everytime i check it! It keeps changing from around 5000 MHz to around 7000 MHz. Sometimes even 1100MHz !!!!!

Is there any problem in Easy tune or what? How can i fix this problem? Anyone...

In the manual provided along with the motherboard, you will get information about the clocking speed of your CPU. Then you can overclock it upto an accepted level through the BIOS itself. Overclocking through such windows based programs doesn't always work perfectly.

Oh k, I see

So i'll not use that method again. Thanks for the guidance. Well, dont know how to overclock through BIOS. But i'll try it using the manual provided to me along with my motherboard.

But yeah, i'll try it at initial level and if i am not able to do, i'll just leave it. Why to take chances