Here's a Guide for all
"HOW TO CHANGE THE BIOS BOOT LOGO AND EPA LOGO"
Well, Almost every motherboard shows an EPA ( EPA Pollution Preventer ).
Now a days most of the motherboards also shows the FullScreen Logo.
May be its Intel, Dell, Compaq, HP or Asus any motherboard that shows the fullscreen logo and having AWARD Bios can be moded.
The EPA logo and the FullScreen Logo all are stored in the Bios. That is the update u download from the manufactures Website contains both the logos in it. So if we mod the bios update and then apply the patch the next time when u boot your computer you will see the new logo.
***BEWARE A BAD FLASH CAN RENDER YOUR MOTHERBOARD USELESS****
Winflash 1.51 : ftp://ftp.ecs.com.tw/driver/bios/flash/winflash151.exe
Award Bios Editor 1.0 : http://sourceforge.net/projects/awdbedit/
CBROM 2.15 : http://www.biosmods.com/download/award/cbrom215.zip
So here we begin
1. Make Sure the motherboard uses the Award Bios.
2. Either Download the new Bios from the Manufactures Website or Get it from the system Bios directly by backing it up.
For Backing up and Updating of bios, I use WinFlash 1.51.
3. Now as we have the Bios File. Now Make a new Bitmap Image with any of your favourite imaging software. Now make sure the final bitmap image u have created is 640*480 and 256 colors.
4. Now use the CBROM Utility to change the boot logo in the bios file.
This is done by using Command Prompt
c:\bios>CBROM215 bios.bin /logo logo.bmp
5. Now to check whether the bios file was updated correctly. Fire up Award Bios Editor. ( Make sure the dlls in the plugin directory are moved to the folder with awbedit.exe )
6. Load the bios.bin in the Award bios editor and check in the left hand list for FullScreen Logo and does it show your logo. If yes your bios is now ready to be flashed.
7. Now use Winflash utility, load the bios.bin and click on update .
Wolla, now just reboot the computer and boom the bios logo is changed.
Procedure for epa is just same except the few things.
Image size is : 138*84 16 Colors and 72 pixels/inch
Command for adding to bios file is : c:\bios>CBROM215 bios.bin /epa epalogo.bmp
When u check for the EPA logo in the Award Bios Editor, the colors will not be same as that u chose but when u flash would show the original colors.
Never try to flash bios without a powerbackup.
Close all the progs before flashing from windows.