Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

need opinion on Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 05-08-2014

need opinion on Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler

Is there anyone who has this Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler who can tell me how good it is? I have, 2 days back, build a new mITX computer in a Cooler Master 120 case. Since there is more space in this computer case along wit the Gigabyte H87N motherboard I was wondering if I should go with this cooler or not? So, after getting this CPU cooler, how much of an improvement over the stock cooler will I get? Thanks for any information.

Old 07-08-2014

Re: need opinion on Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler

I have also ordered this Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler for my Intel i5 core as well. I dont know for sure what will be the case ventilation in the Cooler Master 120 but Noctua has stated that we have to use a CPU with 84W TDP in a good ventilated case and we have to also turn off the Intel Turbo Mode or disable it from the bios. The cooler is not suggested for continuous 100% load work on all the CPU cores. There are many test results also made with this cooler on a i7-2600K, you can check that out by reading its review online.
Old 08-08-2014

I am having this CPU cooler installed in my pc and it works like a champ. With the addition of this cooler I found out that atleast 14-18C temperature dropped significantly compared to the stock intel cooler. I was previously using the Zalman cooler in the past but it was not that good. The quality of this Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler is also very good with good attention to every detail. I dont know whether this cooler will be able to handle the overclocking but it fits properly inside my case.
Old 09-08-2014

I am using this cooler in my other computer and it is very quiet at full load as well. I am not able to hear it in my Rosewill ATX case. I have tested its fan by running it at full speed and to my surprise the whole system was very quite. I did all the installation in less than 15 minutes on my i3-4150 CPU. Almost under full load I get a maximum of only 55C temperature. When it is at idle then it goes back to 28C. But the temperature will always vary depending on your computer case and fans, etc.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , ,