Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cheap but good processor for overclocking

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 10-06-2014

Cheap but good processor for overclocking

Which processor is cheapest in the market but best for overclocking. I am hardly able to find any option for the same. There are many processor and when we talk about overclocking they are out of the budget. Like the Core i7 processor which fall in the extreme line but it is costly and out of the budget. I want a bit help to find out a processor that is cheapest in the market but also recommended go for overclocking. I do not want to cross limit but want a stable overclocking solution.

Old 12-06-2014

Re: Cheap but good processor for overclcoking

What you are looking for is entry level processor that is good for overclocking. I can suggest you some but do not expect much from the same. If you need a extreme level output then surely you have to pay too much for the same. I am going to recommend you on the basis of benchmarking. The one that I found to be good for budget gaming pc is AMD FX-6300. This processor is great to handle your all gaming output and it is also work well for day to day usage.
Old 13-06-2014

Re: Cheap but good processor for overclcoking

AMD FX-6300 comes around for Rs.8000. It can be cheaper in the local market. The processor offer you a standard amount of configuration where you can play games and also overclock the same a bit. It is a 6core cpu. For overclocking always remain at the lowest point. Do not try to push the cpu rate much higher because that can cause the problem. It comes with the latest AM3+ socket and ideal for gaming pc. But not really for overclocking.
Old 14-06-2014

Re: Cheap but good processor for overclocking

If you are looking for something in Intel then I think Core i3-4150 is a good processor. I am not really sure about the budget price of this cpu but it is really awesome. The cpu falls in the haswell generation of Core i series processor and ideal for day to day usage as well good enough for overclocking. The processor comes with 2 cores and each of them are clocked at 3.5 GHz. Further is a 3 MB cache support which also makes it more efficient cpu in the market.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , ,