Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014

Intel Core i5 locked cannot overclock on MSI board

I am trying to overclock my system. It has Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB ram and a msi board. I got a utility with the board with automatically overclock and boost the system performance. But I am not able to do the same. I think something in my system is preventing that. I am expecting a bit more better performance while gaming. I want to play it on maximum resolution, but it is lagging. After overclocking this must work.
Old 07-03-2014

Re: Intel Core i5 locked cannot overclock on MSI board

It is weird. There is no such issue like locking. It depend on the processor model. Some cpu does not support overclocking. But cpu like Intel Core i5 is quiet amazing and powerful. This processor can be overclocked at a decent rate to get better output. You can gain around 10 to 20% of more performance from the same. But do not expect much here. Overclocking can hamper your cpu life.
Old 08-03-2014

You have to check in the bios. See whether overclocking is enabled or not. If yes then you have to check the other settings. You can also go ahead with updating the bios version to get rid of this issue. You can visit the official website to find a new version of bios which is more stable and can give you effective overclocking output. Avoid using third party software for this purpose. They do not give you stable output.
Old 10-03-2014

As per your query it looks that your cpu is not exceeding its clock rate. This means locked. When you are not able to increase the cpu frequency. Here you can try to ahead with bios update. Your board might be having a old one due to which you are not able to get proper settings. Then you can check the cpu model on web what is the maximum overclocking output it supports.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , ,