Thread: After overclocking Core 2 Duo performance drops

After overclocking Core 2 Duo performance drops

I had overclocked by Core 2 Duo cpu. I though this would extend the cpu performance while playing game. It worked well for 20 minutes then the system crash with blue-screen. After that I removed the overclocking software from the system and using it at default settings. But the system is very slow compare to what I was getting before. It takes some minutes to open a app when I double click on it. I cannot navigate between applications also. What has happen. The cpu usage remains low.

Re: After overclocking Core 2 Duo performance drops

You have done it wrong due to which the performance is degraded. Before overclocking always check that the cpu which you are using supports overclocking or not. If you don't do that then you are putting your processing at risk.

Did you checked properly that the processor which you are overclocking really supports it. If it does not supports then you had destroyed your cpu. It might work for few more time and will dead completely. This is not counted under warranty. Most of this issue appear when you overclock the processor at a very high rate. That is above the limit. Many people do this blindly. They do not overclock under a prescribed ratio which is counted as safe. They try to push it high which degrade the cpu life and cause other problem. There is no way to restore the loss done. You must now use the processor as it is. Because you had already overclocked it at high rate. Try to use it just like that and do not overclock it back again. If you do it back your cpu might stop completely. There is no option available through which you can restore this thing.

My friend just fried its processor. He found a video on web that shows overclocking. He had a similar processor. He did that and something wrong happen. His cpu is now completely dead and the motherboard socket is also damage. Always confirm that your system support overclocking or not and then go ahead with it.

Whenever someone ask me for overclocking I answer them only one thing. Go ahead and run a stability test. There are took like Prime95 which can give you information whether your system will be able to stand overclocking or not. When you run the test it creates a virtual overclocking platform. It tries to pressurize the cpu in safer way and if there is any issue the pc will reboot. It is the best to find whether your cpu will be able to stand how much pressure. It is always better to run a stability test before going for final overclocking. There are more tools available like this. Like OCCT. OverClock Checking Tool is very easy to operate and has minimum features in it. You can just run this software to find out what is the maximum frequency your system can hold up.