Thread: overclocking intel core i7-4770k

overclocking intel core i7-4770k

I am using a ASUS Z87 motherboard and I am looking to overclock my newly purchased intel core i7-4770k processor on it. I was trying to overclock with the AI Suite that is an option in the BIOS but it is not working perfectly for me. If I am trying to raise the clock speed then it wont work and then time is also set wrong all the time. Can anyone tell me a better way to overclock my system? Thanks

Re: overclocking intel core i7-4770k

You dont have to use the Ai Suite feature for overclocking, just overclock manually in the BIOS. Also it could be possible that your overclock might be too high. You just need to raise the multiplier only in the BIOS and then test the OCCT. Just overclock by raising slight mhz until your get a stable performance, if the pc shutdowns then you can imagine how much your system can be overclocked.

Once you enter your BIOS options then you need to choose advanced options to tweak the CPU multiplier settings. It should also have an option to reset everything to default and actually the optimized defaults is a basic overclock. You can also go through all the menu items and check out what all things there are offered. Incase there is any problem then the motherboard will automatically reset the BIOS to default.

Try to run at 4.6ghz with a 1.2 voltage and if it works then you might have a golden chip. You can then try to stress test with OCCT software that is availabe on the net for free and check if it is stable. If there is a problem with the clock then you will have to ask Asus about it because there might be some issues with the motherboard and bios.