Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-08-2013

Is the stock heatsink of Haswell processor good

I was wondering to buy a i5-4570 haswell processor in the coming weeks. Before that I was having some questions to ask you guys. Can anyone tell me how is the cooling or temperature performance of this processor. I will be building my new computer with a new cooler as well along with haswell processor, just in case to be safe? Thanks.
Old 22-08-2013

Re: Is the stock heatsink of Haswell processor good

If you have a good cabinet with good airflows with the fan built in the case, then you dont require a cooler for this haswell processor. I am having the same processor that you have listed and at idle the temperature of this processor is as low as 35C which is quite good. However at load temperatures, this processor is meant to run hotter than the previous generations of processor.
Old 23-08-2013

Incase the heatsink is like the Ivy or Sandy type stock coolers then you will definitely need a cooler. I would recommend you to get a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus which will cost you as low as $30. When your haswell processor will run at heavy load then you can expect a maximum of 55 degress Celsius of Temperature because of this cooler.
Old 24-08-2013

It is true that at heavy loads you can expect the Haswell to rise upto 90C temp which is very high in comparison. Even anything above 70C is considered to be very high and therefore, you should get a aftermarket cooler that will cost you less. You can obviously getl onger life span for the processor if it runs at lower temperature.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , ,