Thread: Cpu heating on overclocking, but passed OCCT Test

Cpu heating on overclocking, but passed OCCT Test

In my system I ram OCCT to find out whether it can stand overclocking or not. The test was fine and the system looks to be working stable. The test was fine and it looks the system is going to work fine. But when I overclocked there was a blue screen. I was not expecting this. Does it happens that results givings by OCCT are wrong. What should I to get a more proper result.

Re: Cpu heating on overclocking, but passed OCCT Test

It is recommended that you must not overclock if you are getting bluescreen on your system. That can damage the system component. Monitor the cpu temperature and see what output your getting. If it is crossing the limits do not overclock.

There are many other tools available. Before overclocking you must checkout a few one and then move ahead. Relying on a single tool only is not the solution. IntelBurnTest is another tool that can give you information on system output. It is a stress program designed to judge the system output. While there is one more tool available that you can checkout. It is Prime95. Now there are ample of software available which works in similar manner. The major issue lies with this tool is cpu testing. Most of them just checkout the processing of your system which comprise of everything. There is no specific software available that can just test the processor and give you the overclocking limitation. Due to which even the giving result are not considered as appropriate. Another important things you will need to check out is psu. It is always recommended that you must add a good amount of power supply in your system if you are going for overclocking. It must be above 750w. The higher it is the better your system will work. Second thing you have to ensure is having a good cpu fan. Do not rely on the stock edition. That is not so helpful. Get a good one which can be costly but effective and today we can easily buy a nice kit of portable liquid cooling kit.

For overclocking liquid cooling is really effective. It works fine when your system temperature goes really high. Instead of spending money on some other cpu cooler go for a liquid cooler. You can find that easily on ebay.