Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-07-2013

AMD FX 8350 Vishera freezes without even overclocking

I am using a Asus motherboard with AMD FX 8350 VISHERA processor. The problem that I am facing with my computer is related to system freezing. I also dont like overclocking and hence havent been using it till now as well. If I am trying to load the operating system or even trying to install a new Windows 7 on a new hard drive then I get the freezing problem but when I am in BIOS then nothing happens? Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thank you
Old 27-07-2013

Re: AMD FX 8350 Vishera freezes without even overclocking

Can you tell us whether this is your new computer or did you upgrade either the motherboard or processor recently? Incase you have just done a upgrade then you will need to do a fresh install of Windows OS on the hard drive. Also, you will need to go into the BIOS and change the switch the Sata ports to IDE from AHCI, if you already had Windows OS on the hard drive.
Old 30-07-2013

You will need to check if the RAM is properly setup or not on your board. Go in the advanced area section in BIOS and then find the tools options and there you will get a heading for spd. Just try to open that and it will tell you the profiles contained in your ram. Try to ensure that the first four timings are set, frequency and voltage. Normally, the auto setup isnt always proper.
Old 31-07-2013

What is the make and model of your power supply and also let us know how much wattage rating it has got. Do you use any video card as well, if so then tell us its make and model as well. If you have more than one hard drive in your computer then check if the second drive that was previously installed before the upgrade was set to IDE or AHCI or Raid or something?

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , ,