Thread: Oveclocking voltage of Intel Core i7 3770k

Oveclocking voltage of Intel Core i7 3770k

I need some suggestion in overclocking Intel Core i7 3770k. This is a really great processor for performance but I am looking for some suggestion via which I can boost the performance. I am not able to find anything here. Which board will be better here for going with stable overclocking for this processor. I am not really so great in voltage adjustment.I found a guide on the web that looks to be loaded with good information. But I am looking for a more reasonable way of doing this.

Re: Oveclocking voltage of Intel Core i7 3770k

There are ample of great boards available on the web. You can simply buy any of your choice. There are some set of extreme level boards available in the market that comes loaded with pre-settings through which you can overclock your system.

I can list you some good boards here. Voltage setup is not easy to define. Because it depends on the cpu and at the amount of clock rate in which you are planning to overclock. Ample of time it is always better to stick with pre-configured settings. One of the best board that I think will be good for overclocking is Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. This is a extreme edition motherboard which is great enough and loaded with rich features. It has everything which you need and you can add all latest hardware on the same. Along with overclocking it is also essential that you must buy a motherboard which is durable also. Like having a good pcb or simply dual bios protection kind of stuff. Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H is really reliable and great for gaming stuff. As well as for overclocking. When you go in the bios you can find a overclocking section where you can tweak the processor manually. I had seen some good boards Asus and Msi also. Now this boards comes with profile settings. Like when you select gaming the motherboard overclock the cpu at a reasonable rate. That would be more than enough.

Don't go with the manual settings unless and until you are completely sure for overclocking. Because there can be extreme risk in that. You can stick with some automated utilities that can give you reasonable overclocking ratio.

Intel Core i7 3770k is a extreme level processor. To overclock or to get performance from it, it is essential that you must go with better and newer hardware config. Because if you are using really old one then you might face issue. I had seen a utility called as Turbo Boost that comes with Msi boards. This utility is a kind of automatic overclocking stuff. When you turn it on, it only overclock your cpu when it is required. It increases the cpu clock rate as per requirement. That means it do not purposely overclock the processor causing problem later on. There are hardly any utilities available by third party sources. All you have to do is stick with a high end motherboard series by Asus or MSI. In the bios itself you can simply fine ample of thing associated with the same. Where you do not need to mess with voltage setup.