Thread: Intel Core i7 Hashwell reached till 7.01Ghz in overclocking

Intel Core i7 Hashwell reached till 7.01Ghz in overclocking

As per a news published by xbitlabs, some anonymous overclocker has able to reach 7.01 Ghz on Intel Core i7 cpu belonging to Hashwell Architecture. Which is an successor of Ivy Bridge. Cpu under Hashwell architecture are low power high performance processors which are specifically designed to boost performance of Ultra-portable devices. The processor looks to be loaded with great performance. Clock rate of 7.1Ghz is just awesome. It looks Intel has made an extremely powerful processor.

Re: Intel Core i7 Hashwell reached till 7.01Ghz in overclocking

It is Intel Core i7-4770K cpu. I checked that news and this is true. The cpu has able to reach that much frequency. I am sure the person who did this would have to setup a really great hardware config for it. This is not possible on air cooling. I hope he can provide a video of benchmarking which would be better.

I was reading about Haswell architecture on Wikipedia where I found the processor is planned to be released in June. So it looks this would be some kind of test edition. The cpu is usually clock below 3Ghz when it reaches in the market. And the maximum clock rate that people are able to get lies between 4 to 5Ghz. 5Ghz is the extreme limit where you need a liquid cooling support and good hardware configure to carry out the entire operation. Here 7Ghz has broke all the records in giving out an extremely powerful processor. Now other thing which matters here is the stability of system which can operate at that clock rate. I had recently overclocked Core i7 processor. After 25 mins I got a temperature warning on my pc. So that simply means at 7.01Ghz the processor might be performing for limited time only. You cannot push it for entire day. That would be risky. But still 7Ghz here is an awesome score. I hope the processor will be released for desktop pc also. Whatever information I collect from web about the cpu it states that it is only for ultra portables.

This is a good news for the overclockers. So those who wants to gain a great performance in gaming and extreme processing then this would be one of the best cpu we have. Does anyone knows about the cost of processor. Atleast a rough figure and some more specialty other than overclocking.

As mentioned above the cpu is for ultrabooks. That means netbooks or kind of ultra portable devices that will be coming up in future. The price of a device with that cpu might lies above Rs.65000. But yet the cpu is not finalized. It is a good performing processor. It is clear that Intel Haswell processors are simply capable of giving extreme clock speeds which others can't. But unfortunately I do not think Intel will be planing to release a desktop edition also. Rightnow Ivy Bridge processor here are rocking. They are the primary choices of gaming pc. I do not think any processor will be able to beat the score. Performance wise 4770K lies on the top of chart. I had also seen the image of cpuz on Xbitlabs which was based on the overclocking. That showed lower power consumption even at high overclocking. This proves the processor is of giving great output without consuming high power.

For high end gamer this processor will be good choice. It is a 4 core processor. While compare to this I do not think any other processor in the past is simply able to reach this kind of clock rate. But if this cpu is going to com in ultra portables then how can you play games on them.

I was also thinking about the same. If this cpu is designed for ultra portables then it is simply wasted. There must be a desktop edition also. Haswhell is a new architecture by Intel which deliver high performance on low power. This is the specialty of this. For ultra-portables if you are having such a great processor then it is also essential that you must simply have a good graphic also. Or else the processor power is simply wasted and it is not wise to invest a huge amount on the system which is having this processor. Another great problem here is the motherboard. There must be that level of hardware available to make the processor work on that clock rate. And I do not think for ultra-books that would be possible. Even if there is a desktop edition of this cpu available you cannot achieve 7Ghz instantly on it.