Thread: Max overclock for AMD Radeon HD 7750

Max overclock for AMD Radeon HD 7750

Guys I have installed AMD Radeon HD 7750 in my system recently and its working great. However, I am willing to overclock it now and before overclocking it, I want to know the max overclock that I can achieve. I have not yet tried overclocking any graphic card by now, this will be my first time and to be at the safer side, I want hint of the max overclock I can expect with AMD Radeon HD 7750. Hope someone over here will help me out.

Re: Max overclock for AMD Radeon HD 7750

First of all if you haven’t tried overclocking any graphic card by now before then I will suggest you to go through some guides and tutorials to get better knowledge of overclocking. You need to have complete idea of overclocking before you try it, else your system might run in to some serious issues. Secondly just post your complete system specification so that I can have better idea of your system environment and let you know about the max overclocking that you can achieve with your AMD Radeon HD 7750, by the way what is its current clock speed???

To get better idea of overclocking and how it’s done, you can go through below guides and articles:
    Guide to overclocking your Graphic Card
    Guide on how to overclock an ATI graphics card
    Overclocking graphics cards
    Tips to overclock GPU
    Max overclocking of graphic card depends from system to system. So rather than finding out the max overclocking limits form somebody else having different system configuration, go through the guides, try overclocking and find it out yourself.

System specification:
    • Intel i3 3.16ghz
    • Corsair 4 GB RAM
    • AMD Radeon HD 7750
    • 1 tb hard disk
    • Asrock z77-pro4 motherboard
    • Cooler Master Extreme power plus 500w PSU
    • Cooler Master Hyper-TX3 CPU Cooler

Its current stock speed is 800 mhz.

As far as I am aware you can get the card running at 880MHz on the core and 1250MHz on the memory. Just make sure that you are checking out the stability of your system side by side to make a stable overclocking. Also use CATALYST Control Center (CCC) for raising clock frequencies within the parameters and you are keeping an eye on the temperature as well. In case you have any query further then you can feel free to ask.

Yes keeping an eye on the temperature is necessary. Cooler Master Hyper-TX3 CPU Cooler will be quite enough for handling the temperature that might rise after overclocking your GPU but check it constantly after raising cores will be worth considering. I also wanted to add once your GPU temp reaches 80 degrees, then stop overclocking no matter if you have achieve 880MHz or not. It’s really not safe to go above that temp for any gpu. If you do so then you might run in to graphical issue and might even fry your card. As you will be trying overclocking for the first time, you will have to be careful with all these things, best of luck.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Thanks you guys for the detailed information. Actually I just wanted to get an idea of the max overclock I could achieve with my AMD Radeon HD 7750. I am considering 880MHz on the core and 1250MHz on the memory now and will make sure that I am not crossing that limit. I don’t want to do a hard core overclocking. I just want to overclock my card to gain better fps in latest games, that’s it!!! I’ll post the result I’ll achieve later, fingers crossed.