Thread: AMD A6-3600 maximum overclocking with maxed out temperature?

AMD A6-3600 maximum overclocking with maxed out temperature?

I have my computer with AMD A6-3600 processor in it. I use my computer mostly for gaming and so I want much better performance from it. I want to overclock my processor to its maximum limit and for that I am willing to go to any height. I have also made arrangements for cooling and I am ready to take the processor to the maximum temperature too it needed. Can someone tell me if it is practical to overclock the processor even if I need to raise the temperate to maximum?

Re: AMD A6-3600 maximum overclocking with maxed out temperature?

Overclocking is good for the performance of the PC, but you shouldn’t over-do it. As you are saying that you want to take the capacity of the processor to the maximum level possible, I think that it is a good idea and you should follow it. But unless you have a very good experience of overclocking I don’t think that you should take it to the maximum level. Also you should know that overclocking a peripheral reduces its life by a good amount so if you take the processor to the maximum level, it might happen that processor might not survive more than one year. So see to it before you overclock the processor to maximum level.

As you have mentioned that you use your computer for gaming, I suggest that instead of processor, you will need to overclock the graphic card or maybe RAM. I don’t think that overclocking the processor will actually help you in any way to get it right for gaming computer. The overclocking of the processor is done for purpose of programming or maybe compiling. Gaming doesn’t need much of the processing power and just takes a decent amount of processor. So I think instead of overclocking processor, you should do it for graphic card or RAM.

If you overclock the processor, you will also need to overclock the other peripherals along with it. Let me tell you why. At present, all the peripherals must be working at normal speed. So if one peripheral is generating any output, the other peripheral also accepts the input at same rate. But if you overclock the processor, just imagine what the situation will be. The processor will generate its output at a very fast rate and send it to the other peripherals. But since the other peripherals aren’t overclocked, they will still be working at the normal rate. Thus, they won’t accept the input from processor fast. This will create a bottleneck situation where processor will force out the data while other peripherals won’t be able to accept it.

Let me tell you that what you are planning is totally wrong. Even if you have the best cooling system in your computer and are planning to overclock the processor to its maximum limit even if you have to go to the highest temperature is wrong. The cooling devices like cooling fans, heatsinks and water cooling system will just cool the heat that is generated in the outer side. They will control the heat and not stop it from forming. So even with the best cooling system you will not be able to control the heat, you will just stop it from spreading across the system. I suggest you stop it and use the processor on the stock settings itself.

As "Bethany Johson" is saying that cooling devices will just control the temperature and not stop the heat from being generated in your computer. So even if the temperature of your computer will be shown as 60 degree Celsius, the processor will be burning as hell. If the temperature rises to such a level where the cooling devices won’t be able to control the heat, the processor will obviously give up and die. The damages done will be so high that it won’t even be repaired. Also many manufacturers don’t give RMA to such damaged products as you your self have attempted to overclock the processor. So it is my recommendation that you do overclocking, but not up to the highest level.

If you are planning on overclocking with maximum temperature possible, I suggest that you better gear up with the cooling devices. Since you are expecting the temperature to raise high, I suggest that you add extra cooling fans and heat sinks in your computer. Also if you live in a region which has a high atmospheric temperature, then it is suggested that you add water cooling system as it will provide you the best cooling in such high temperature areas. You can also use thermal paste on your processor. This will also give you a good control over the temperature in the overclocking process. The temperature is an important factor and I think that you should look that it remains under control.

My suggestion is that if you don’t have much experience of overclocking, then you should just leave it overclocked up to a medium level. Overclocking a processor is not simple as it sounds. You not just need to control the temperature, but also need to maintain the stability of the system. I have known many overclocker and most of them take over days to get the best results. I too suggest that you take a good amount of time and do not rush into getting the overclocking done. It may take time and you might fail once or twice, but don’t hurry. It will just spoil the working of the processor and might get your processor dead.