Thread: Can we depend on stock CPU coolers for overclocking

Can we depend on stock CPU coolers for overclocking

I have a doubt before going for new upgrades. I am going to increase my cpu, add some more ram and get a new motherboard. Now the cpu will come with stock fan. The processor will be Intel Core i5. I am also planing to use the turbo boost to gain a bit high amount of cpu frequency. A vendor from who I am buying this stuff is forcing me to purchase a third party fan.

It is a big cpu fan by thermal take. I am not interested in buying that. Here I am not overclocking the cpu. Instead of that will only use Turbo Boost to make the performance a bit better. I hope that can help.

Re: Can we depend on stock CPU coolers for overclocking

Better buy a good fan. There is no need to get one from Thermaltake there are other better brands which offers you a bigger fan that can keep your system much more cooler. The stock fan are not so good in removing large amount of heat in less time.

Stock fans are recommended for day to day usage. It is not better to use for gaming pc. Turbo boost is nothing a similar type of overclocking technology. It boost your cpu performance automatically when needed. And at the time when you are playing, you can notice that your system temp rises instantly. The stock fan will work, but it does not has that kind of design which can cope with the heat and make your cpu cool down instantly. The temperature might keep on rising. There are some nice models by corsair also. Just search on web about best cpu cooler and you will find a quiet wide variety of products listed. Corsair Hydro H100 is a bit mixture of air and liquid cooling. It is much easier to fix and gives you instant cooling options.

It is a bit costly but quiet recommended in many ways. I had seen a number of time that ample of people are settled with stock fan and never peek inside their system case. If there is not appropriate cooler overheat can destroy your cpu's life. Within one or two weeks time I always clean my cpu fan. It is a regular stock fan. I dip the heatsink only in cold water removing the fan unit separately. It is made up of some thermal conductive material. After when everything is dried I fix everything back.

I will not recommend you to use stock fan. It is good if you are not going to run those turbo boost tools. It is best for regular gaming. Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme is the one that I am willing to buy. It is a awesome big size cpu fan. You must see a image of the same on web.

There are ample of nice cooler. Why ain't you thinking about liquid cooling. It is really not messy. The model which is mentioned above Corsair Hydro H100 is a liquid cooler. I never found such a decent liquid cooling stuff so well configured. You just have to book the fan on cpu and place the other unit properly at the backside of your chassis. That's all. If you want you can make holes in your cpu case and it on the sides also. It is very nice giving a low temperature on maximum usage. The cooler has two fans in it. Once is use to push cooler air inside the cpu and the other one to draw out the heat.

The process keeps on going and the fan speed rises automatically when the temperature increases. You must use such kind of cooling options if you are willing for more cooler system. As it is made by corsair it offers you a clear option to give much better support on overclocking systems. It is better putting money one time instead of keep on buying new product every-time. This removes the issue of regular upgrade investment. I found this device as one of the best among many thing. Stock fans are meant for regular use. Dont use turbo on that.

I have a Asus motherboard. I had did this long before. I installed cpu temperature monitor first. At stock fan the temperature lie between 60 to 70. I had enable turbo boost. But when I play games it rises more. I added Coolermaster TPC-812 cooler kit. On that the temperature was constant below 50. This shows you the difference between stock and third party coolers.

There are fans which are meant for different purpose. Like for overclocking there are different cpu fan, for regular use there are different. And turbo boost is nothing different if compared to overclocking. Here your cpu frequency is adjusted on the basis of requirement. Everything is pre-configure in it. The voltage and the settings. There is no need to go in bios and make manual changes. There are certain profiles that appear in turbo boost offering you to get the adjustment as per your need. Stock fan on the same hand has lower usage. They can't speed up quiet fast and draw the heat out instantly.

They work on standard ratio so the performance can be expected. While third party coolers which are specially build with different elements has more ability to keep the cpu cooler. One of them is Cooler Master V10. It is quite a unique cooler. It sites well on your cpu and the fan lies over the ram slots. It is a single unit well designed to draw maximum heat out. I found it a bit bigger but robust solution for cooling. Due to its size it is capable of drawing out a large amount of heat from the system instantly.

I have Cooler Master V10 too. And I am overclocking my Intel Core i5 cpu on that. It work quiet well giving better option to keep my system much cooler. I had not face any issue while using it.

If you are ready to put some amount of buying those large fan, then why don't you check liquid coolers once. There are many ready to use kit that offer you the support. Many worry about the maintenance and setup of liquid cooling system. But that has been quiet improved nowadays. CoolIT PURE is one of the most compact model I had seen.

There are very less components and setup is quiet easy. You just have to place all stuff properly. It works on many cpu models. It is quiet a big unit with large fan on the end side. There are positive review on the same.

Liquid cooling can be a costly solution, but yet worth to go for. I am planing to get a cpu case that comes integrated with all the stuff. That would be easier. I am thinking to check some models under Alienware.