Thread: How much overclocking rate can be achieved on EAH5770 CUcore GPU

How much overclocking rate can be achieved on EAH5770 CUcore GPU

What is the maximum overclocking can be achieved on EAH5770 CUcore GPU. I want to overclock this and want help to get a aspect ratio. The game which I had right-now is a bit basic and cause issue while playing. I do not get better graphic output on it. Does anyone has tested the maximum overclocking on it. Thanks.

Re: How much overclocking rate can be achieved on EAH5770 CUcore GPU

If you had not done overclocking before then I will not recommend you to do that. It is a risky thing. For cpu if it supports overclocking, then it is easier.

Because new motherboards come with overclocking utilities configured in bios. While the process is for gpu is a bit manual and more risky.

GPU works on GDDR memory which improves your visual quality. The memory clock is 4.8Ghz and Engine clock is 800Mhz maximum. So I think this is quiet enough. I am sure if you play with some games video settings you will achieve a good output. Overclocking risk your gpu. If your card is under warranty then you must not all go for the this thing. And even if you are reading to take a risk then there are some tools I can refer.

First for overclocking you need a good cooling stuff. If your cooler is outdated or poor then your system will crash instantly. Your gpu can face permanent damage also. Second you need a good psu in system to handle the process. Or it will led to system crash. Because at the time of overclocking your gpu operates at higher clock rate. Which needs more power and if the same is not available it will get overheated. Crashing is the most common issue you will face.

What motherboard do you have. Go in the bios and check that you have some options to increase the gpu clock ration. Because many latest motherboard comes with those kind of settings.

The gpu operates on 850Mhz and after overclocking you can make that to 910 or 1325Mhz maximum. Above that is not at all recommended. 910Mhz is easy to achieve while 1325Mhz will risk the gpu to more extent. Read a good overclocking guide from web and then check the same.

The overclocking must be done on your own risk. The best tool according to me to overclock a gpu is Precision X. This software is from EVGA and it works with many graphic cards. With this software you can manage the gpu memory frequency. Do not overload the clock rate on start. Go with slow and then keep on increasing. Before overclocking do not forget to check all the settings here. Because to some extent you will also need to manage the gpu voltage. The adjustment is quiet necessary. With appropriate voltage support and fan control settings you can make the gpu more stable.

There is no site on web which gives you actual voltage control settings of this gpu. You have eto do that manually and test it one by one. At a point when your system crash you must not go above that. Precision X provides you some different settings. This are pre-set and provide you option to quickly overclock your system. I found this software every effective for gpu overclocking. I would recommend you to check this once atleast.

Just downloading a software from web and then checking out is not recommended. You must ensure a better overclocking by reading complete guide. There are some useful tutorial on web that you can try out.

If you are so willing to kill your gpu then there is a solution. Go for ATITool. This utility works for ATI and Nvidia gpu and offers you quick overclocking options. First of all if your psu is low on power supply then it is much easier to face lagging issue. It happens in both. Even if you are working without overclocking your system. ATITool is designed to increase your gpu ram. But if you do that blindly your system will crash forever and it will not work at all.

Second thing overclocking is only recommended for those cards which support it. Anyhow you can start tweaking the memory voltage, memory timing, fan control, etc with it. I had not tested this out but still you can give a try. But still this is a bit complicated process and not at all recommended.

To stay on safer side I have one solution for you. You can go for gpu stress test. This test provides you option to find that your gpu will survive or not. Software like Fumark provides you options to run VGA test and provides you a report that will tell you what is the maximum limit of your gpu.

There is another powerful tool that I use mostly to find out that my system will stand overclocking or not. It is called as OCCT. This tools allows you to create a virtual platform for overclocking. It test your system hardware and generates proper report. If your system crashes while testing then it simply means it cannot be overclocked. It would be too risky. The new version offer you gpu testing also. It is more stable and quiet unique in many cases. The software checks many things. I will advice you to perform a number of test with this software first and then only go for other overclocking things.

This will be more better for you. And if you find your system fine then you can try Catalyst Control Center. I am not sure whether this will work on your gpu or not, but this tool is very effective. You can seperately overclock your gpu and monitor its temperature on the same hand.