Thread: Comparison between AMD Trinity and Mobile Intel Ivy Cpu/Apu

Comparison between AMD Trinity and Mobile Intel Ivy Cpu/Apu

Guys I wanted to know which if anyone has tested out AMD Trinity and Mobile Intel Ivy Cpu/Apu and can share their experience about both. I have gone through some articles and have found that AMD Trinity will be offering 25 percent to 50 percent better graphics and double performance per watt. I want to in detail what is the advantage of having AMD Trinity and Mobile Intel Ivy Cpu/Apu. Which one will be better and how long will be the battery life?? Help regarding this will be appreciative.

Re: Comparison between AMD Trinity and Mobile Intel Ivy Cpu/Apu

As far as I am aware there won’t be much difference between the battery lives of both. Anyways from what I have come across, sources say that CPU performance of Ivy Bridge is 20% better than Trinity where as IGP performance of Trinity is 23 % better as compared to Ivy Bridge. If it is just about CPU performance alone then Intel’s Ivy Bridge Core i7 CPU is winning the race. I have gone through a number of test result carried out by several people and here is what I think as a conclusion.

AMD Trinity-based laptop may provide you longer battery life as compared to Intel which will be ideal for gamers but if you want a laptop with Best processing performance then Intel quad-core i7 is still a better choice. I see Trinity-equipped laptops cheaper as compared to Ivy Bridge processors equipped laptops, just to get a better idea of the same you can compare HP Envy Sleekbook with AMD processor laptop with HP’s new Envy Ultrabooks with Intel processors. So considering the price there are possibilities people may fall for it but as far as overall comparison is concerned Mobile Intel Ivy Cpu/Apu are appearing better.

I agree to you on that point that AMD Trinity will be a better choice for gamers, I mean in terms of GPU performance Trinity can provide up to 50 percent better performance as compared to Ivy. For a gamer I think GPU is more important, and getting a gaming laptop at cheaper rates as compared to Ivy ones will be definitely preferred.

Even though AMD Trinity-based laptop may not perform better than Ivy Bridge processors equipped laptops I think Trinity laptop will still get good response because of the price and the battery life thy deliver. As a normal user I personally think that battery and price are the things that play an important role. Just for eg if I am getting a laptop that has 20 better cpu performance as compared to other one, where as other one is having 20 longer battery life then I will chose the one providing better battery life. I really don’t know about others but I am finding AMD Trinity-based laptop a good deal for normal users and obviously gamers.

Even I think that AMD Trinity-based laptop will be a boom, like you all I have gone through a number of benchmark result of AMD Trinity and Mobile Intel Ivy Cpu/Apu. I have found that Intel Ivy Cpu is gives around 20 percent better performance as compared to AMD Trinity but I don’t think it can be compared with 40 better gpu performance of AMD Trinity over Intel Ivy Cpu. There are some other factors like price and battery life which makes me think that getting a AMD Trinity-based laptop rather than Intel Ivy Cpu one will be a smart choice.

Llano chips were not that good but with Trinity I am seeing a lot of improvements. Trinity is leading to be a rival for Ivy Bridge processors but I don’t think that it will be able to blow Intel’s Ivy Bridge Core i7 CPU. There are different benchmarking result for AMD Trinity laptops and Ivy Cpu laptops, some say that Ivy Cpu is having 20 percent better performance where as some say 40 but I will like to inform you all that Ivy Cpu is having 25 percent better performance.

I also wanted to add something that you all may find surprising and might not believe as well but its fact that higher-end Core i5 chips have won over Trinity A10-4600 with a 15 percent better performance. I don’t think that AMD Trinity cpus will be able to beat Core i7 CPU nearly but they have surely won in graphics side.