Thread: What is the role of fsb in overclocking

FSB role in overclocking

Hi,
    I want to know some information on the BUS, does the FSB stands for the Bus. It will be better if I know the role of FSB in overclocking. What are the requirement of FSB in overclocking. I also want an information on the AGP. And for what for the AGP basically used for and the nominal frequency of an AGP bus.

Re: FSB role in overclocking

A BUS is a data channel, a simple electrical signal having a specific frequency. There are various classes running at various speeds. It also uses the word to describe a BUS expansion slot, it is common to speak of PCI BUS, without wishing to Designate the channel to only given the nice little white plug this on your motherboard into several pieces. Below this basic definition no less, you can find definitions of the BUS "Useful" overclocking located on a PC.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

FSB role in overclocking. FSB stands for Front Side Bus, Primarily this means the amount of access channel between the chip set and processor. It determines the speed of said CPU, main memory, but also a lot of other nozzles in the PC, you will find the definitions below, logically. But as you prefer to know all of a sudden. First the LDCs is the first one is modeled on the FSB, there is no order of priority, but if you do not have an AGP / PCI lock, so this is the first who will ask disorder.

The PCI and ISA and other BUS connectors more or less specific. If all this meant, Which is modeled on the FSB would be nice but only now, do not USB controllers / USB 2.00, serial, parallel, IDE and many others. Although they are integrated with your motherboard, such as devices connected to a PCI bus and suffer such as its increases again if you do not have AGP / PCI lock.

For AGP Accelerated Graphics Port connector means current video cards upscale, yes I know he is firing his bow, but you must remember that it is him that you have set 9/10ths of video cards market for a package of time. The AGP bus is a channel for a video card to communicate with the rest of the PC especially CPU and memory via the chip set if you're on a K7 or Pentium 4; on A64 is a bit annoying but we will keep the general pattern.

The nominal frequency of an AGP bus is 66.66 MHz, but overclocking, if this frequency is not locked, it can Significantly increase as it is determined Proportionally to the FSB. It excite several types of AGP: 1x/2x/4x/8x Which are in fact the number of data packet that can attach to each pulse signal. An AGP 8x speed theoretically 2200Mo / s, compared to the lowest and ISA do not laugh in progress. This are the some basic information on the FSB role in overclocking.

What is the role of fsb in overclocking

I had seen a number of time to modify the settings of fsb in overclocking. Some guides clearly state that when you overclock and if you fail to provide fsb ration then overclocking might fail instantly. I need some clarification on the same. What is it and what it does. Does there is some kind of additional hardware or software available for to improve fsb.

Re: What is the role of fsb in overclocking

FSB are like highways on which data transfer. It is the thing which connect your cpu with ram and other hardware. If your system fsb is lower then even after overclocking the pc to higher clock rate your system can collapse.

To some extent fsb plays a vital role in your system performance. If you had overclocked your computer and the fsb is low then instruction are not sent to other hardware quiet easily which makes the system stuck on bottleneck. Usually the fsb depends on the motherboard that you buy. In the bios you can see the settings where you can increase it on your need.

The most common found fsb is 133mhz, 400mhz and 533mhz. Those motherboard which are specially made for overclocking comes with higher fsb for overclocking. Before going for overclocking go in your bios and check for the maximum fsb that you can increase. Some overclocking software comes with fsb settings. This process is called as overclocking the fsb.

FSB is the front side bus which connect your cpu to ram. To some extent if you do not overclock the fsb your system will be crashed instantly. Run overclocking test with prime95 to ensure that your system can stand the pressure or not.

I had carried a number of test to check the fsb pressure on overclocking. If you buy dedicated motherboard that comes with overclocking settings then you do not need to worry about the settings. When you overclock the motherboard on its own adjust the needed frequency. This is one of the best thing I had found in new motherboard. The one you can find easily in asus board called as turbo boost. Turbo boost increase your cpu frequency when you need more power. Or else the system lies cool. When you play games or launch any resource intensive app you can use this feature to increase the cpu power and gain more strength.

FSB can be overclocked manually but the process to get the right mhz on manual method is risky to some extent. You have to adjust the effect as per your need. The cpu can change speed on the basis of requirement.

For a regular system if the fsb specification shows more than 200mhz then it looks more than enough. Because a average user does not overclock its cpu to high clock rate.

FSB is the front side bus which help the cpu to send instruction to ram. The last time when I had overclocked my system, I faced a issue where my system crashed within a hour. I had not made changes to the fsb. The cpu keep on sending instruction to the ram which bottleneck the entire system. At last after running some number of different overclocking and testing tool I found that it is best to go for a motherboard which actually supports overclocking. It is not complicated to find that model in the market.

If you buy a branded desktop you can simply get a updated board with many overclocking features. Those can be locked and unlocked from the board itself. You can have some choices at the time of purchasing motherboard.

There is a limitation of every system when you are in the process of overclocking. You can find that limitation by running a test from OCCT or prime95. Read the report generated in the end.

Overclocking fails many time because of low fsb. The power of fsb is increasing by manipulating the voltage power. But new motherboard comes with manual fsb settings. They can give you the maximum limit you can have. It is better to first find the limit of overclocking. The maximum frequency that your system can reach and not above that. It is not complicated to find that also. Based on your system hardware the cpu and motherboard you can check that on Google. You can find the maximum frequency you can use for overclocking.