Thread: Has anyone overclocked Mac system

Has anyone overclocked Mac system

This is the first time I have been associated with Apple. Yes, I purchased my first Mac system at last. As suggested by my brother I purchased a Mac Pro from the Apple store. After as month of usage I found that I was actually not satisfied with the performance I was getting with the system while playing games. When searched on internet I found overclocked as the only solution for increasing the performance.

My brother says that Mac systems are never overclocked! Is it really true? Even I haven’t seen any thread on internet about Mac system overclocking. Guys please help me out and let me know whether it is really possible for me to overclock my system?

Re: Has anyone overclocked Mac system

Hey you are somewhat right. Most of the Mac systems are actually not overclocked and there is a simple reason for this thing. If you notice there is no BIOS in Mac instead Apple uses EFI. It is somewhat same as the BIOS and its full form is Extensible Firmware Interface. It has a boot loader program for all the operating system that is installed in the system. Now the problem is that this EFI is locked before it is bought into the market and nothing can manage to unlock the EFI. So if you are a Mac system user then better drop the plan of overclocking and try to get some other solution. Or else you can also search more so that you will at least get an alternative solution.

First of all do not drop the idea and secondly I would like to tell you that there is an alternative idea. It’s not completely different from overclocking instead it will help you in overclocking your Mac system. If you are not aware let me tell you that there is software available for the Mac system to get overclock. The software is especially meant for overclocking only Mac systems. Not sure with the name of the tool but I am sure you will get it on internet. I guess it is named as something called ZD tool.

It is named as ZD Net Clock. I guess this tool have been made by some other people and not by apple. The main intention of Apple was always not to allow their customers playing around with the Mac system by overclocking. That’s the reason they never preferred BIOS for the development of their computers as they knew that messing up with the BIOS and overclocking the system is quite easy. However now it is no more possible for apple to control their customers as the tool for overclocking the Tool has been arrived. This tool has intentionally made for overclocking Mac system.

The most interesting thing is that this tool works great for Mac pro machine. i think you have a mac pro system with you. Enjoy your overclocked Mac pro.

Yeah even I have heard about this tool a lot. They say that ZD Net Clock is third party software that allows overclocking the Mac pro systems. Not all Mac systems are possible able to overclock with this tool other than Mac pro. I guess while testing the tool they might have tried it only in Mac pro and however got the successful result. Therefore they always recommend this tool especially for Mac pro users.

This tool might increase the clock speed of the Intel-based Mac with leaps from 2.8GHz to 3.24GHz. Now as the case is with the windows or other OS system even with the Mac system overclocking depends upon the quality and the nature of your hardware. It is not necessary that all Mac pro system with this tool might get overclock smoothly without any issue. Post overclocked issues are bound to occur if process is not done properly.

Yeah you are right. ZDNet Clock tool is necessary to successfully overclock the Mac pro system. There are certain drawbacks with overclocking the mac system with this tool which normally comes up with any other overclcoked windows system.

Firstly there are chances that your system after overclcoking might not start smoothly and correctly.
    Also there are chances that the system time may fall out of the sync which cannot be improved even by adjusting the system. The only thing you could do is restart the system which might provide you a temporary solution by letting you a proper timekeeping.

Yes, Delisa is right. Most of the Mac systems are actually not overclocked but ZDNet Clock tool is used for Mac overclocking. There are many drawbacks with overclocking. Your system might not start smoothly and correctly.