Thread: Is it possible to Overclock system on Windows 8?

Is it possible to Overclock system on Windows 8?

How many of you have already started thinking about overclocking the windows 8? Windows 8 consumer preview have already won numerous people’s heart with its most attractive UI. However I have not been one of those lucky people who witnessed windows 8 into their system but definitely I would love to have it into my computer. in fact I am ready to go for it soon after it is available everywhere.

Anyways my question is not about its release of some, instead I am here to know whether even this OS will be able to overclock the system successfully. I know overclocking also sometimes depends upon the OS that we run. So what about Windows 8? Will it be able to overclock the computer system?

Re: Is it possible to Overclock system on Windows 8?

Don’t you think that it is very much early to know and learn about overclocking the system under windows 8? I would personally not agree for this thing. At least let windows 8 release and come up for the installation. After it is normally released for all the public users you can try your own hands onto it and do the overclocking business. I am sure how many of the people like you have thought the same thing but for me you are the first one who has asked about overclocking with windows 8.

I am sure the developers of windows 8 must have already tested the overclocking with windows 8. They will surely come up with an answer during the release to manufacturing (RTM).

You are not the only one with this question. I too have the same doubt and I am sure many other windows users might be in the same boat. Until now windows 8 have released its three versions Milestone leaks, Developer Preview, Consumer Preview and Release Preview. Obviously they might have at least once tried out the overclocking process with this already released version on a R&D basis. Microsoft definitely won’t release something without testing it completely from head to toe. Either they have tried overclocking or they will try it before they release the final version. If they do not comment anything about overclocking them believe that windows 8 do not support it.

It has been already said at many sites that if you are planning to use windows 8 into your system then better do not overclock. Windows are already prone to Blue Screen of Death with the overclocked PCs. However with windows 8 you might see some positive improvement but that won’t allow you to completely get rid of the issue.

I mean to say that with windows 8 you are not going to see any greater performance with overclocking. Anyways as said above let’s wait for Microsoft to comment on it.

I and my friend tried overclocking a system where we first encountered certain abnormal problems like windows 8 started repairing itself and also some of the files got corrupt. But guess what? Everything from there onwards went on successfully. We both witnessed that windows 8 was actually working great with overclocking. Also after comparing both overclocking with windows 7 and windows 8 we found that windows 8 is nowhere less than windows 7 after overclocking.