Thread: Remove Volts restrictions of GTX 680

Remove Volts restrictions of GTX 680

I think at least now Nvidia should act upon this request. I am not sure whether they have done it or not but as per my knowledge I guess they haven’t yet removed the restriction of volt limit in GTX 680. I really do like this card especially I like its performance after overclocking goes more advance but however as said the volt restriction has never made me to know the best performance that could be shown by this card. Everyone know that currently the voltage limit of GTX 680 is 1.175 Volts which I personally feel is too low and also not a good voltage to test the card for overclocking. If such a good card can do so well with 1.175 volts then I am sure it might also do well with higher volts. Please Nvidia respond to this request or try to free out the voltage limit of this card. Only then GTX users like us will be able to make out the best out of it.

Re: Remove Volts restrictions of GTX 680

Yeah, you are exactly right. I do agree with you and I am sure the other people posting here will agree for the same. 1.175V seems to be too low. If you ask me I would say GTX 680 should have 1.250 Volts which will be suitable for us to test it under overclocking. I do not understand why Nvidia is still stuck to such limited volts even after manufacturing and coming up with such high power graphics. What’s the use if these cards can’t be used or overclocked at an expected level due to such low voltage limits. I still remember Nvidia GTX 560s was supposed to come up with 1.0875V. The most interesting thing about this card was that they were not just limited to their assigned volts; we could actually increase and go up to 1.15V and above which would allow us to try overclocking to an extreme level. One of my friends with GTX 560 card overclocked with 1.25V which was obviously beyond the limit that was assigned. The same things should be applied to GTX 680. Hope it will happen soon.

The voltage is really very low in GTX 680. No need to prove it as comparison with other cards clearly shows the picture. Other than GTXZ 680 if you take any of the highly reputed card their voltage is far better even after overclocking. Let us take the example of the card that currently I have; I do have a Sapphire HD 7970 installed into my machine. I haven’t yet tried but some of the people say that with overclocking this card can smoothly go beyond 1.25V or even touch 1.3V but however as I wasn’t prepared to take the risk I simply overclocked 1200MHz with 1.25V. let me tell you that even at this level everything is stable with no issues. i know that GTX 680 is good and also it does well with overclocking compared to others but due to its voltage restriction has made the user to test its capability.

I am not sure with what I am saying but as according to my knowledge I guess the voltage of a card is always limited by the BIOS. Your 680 is nowhere responsible for such low voltage restriction. Some of the card’s settings are made in the BIOS and if you are not satisfied then you can modify the things. I guess you can change restricted voltage from the BIOS. But do not think that you will be able to enter the BIOS or modify it so easily. You might need some program or utility which would help you to make the changes. Search for any BIOS editing tool, hope so that might help you. If you are able to enter the cards’s BIOS then you can surely modify what so ever you want.

Go for after burner. According to me, I think this is the only one that could help you with overcoming the restriction. The above fried has told you the fact but however he didn’t guide with a suitable suggestion. Please, do not mess around with the BIOS even if you have enough knowledge about it. The graphics BIOS settings are quite sensitive and modifying anything within it might cause a huge damage so better don’t do anything with it. Instead as I said go for a After burner, with this you can achieve your necessity.

You will get the entire detail on web. Search for Afterburner for GTX 680. Make sure that you also test the card and the temp with a high recommended overclocking.