Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 Ghz overclocking

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 21-06-2012

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 Ghz overclocking

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate system with a processor intel core 2 duo which is running at 1.86 ghz, with 6gb ram and a Gateway GM5480E OEM board i think. I also have cpu cooler installed in my pc, it was inserted when I installed the new cpu in the component list. Now, I want to overclock the cpu and see how much can it stress, without any failures. Also, which will be the best program to overclock this cpu. Thanks in advance.

Old 21-06-2012

Re: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 Ghz overclocking

It is not recommended to overclock an OEM machine since it cannot handle the extra stresses as it has poorly based system components. Also, if you are unlucky, then at the time of overclocking you will only find out the Bios to be locked so that there wouldnt be any failure suffered and thus you wont be able to claim for warranty from the manufacturer as well. You can overclock on pre-assembled system which gives good results and also any hardware failures.
Old 21-06-2012

Re: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 Ghz overclocking

You can try to keep the cpu and ram ratio at the same 1:1 condition and then push the FSB frequency upward as well. Normally, the loss of stability from the core 2 duo processor can be critical, even though gaining a little benefit from overclocking ram. For the CPU voltage, see to it that it doesnt rises above 70 C at load times and also keep it under 1.50 volts. You can also refer to some guides made here for overclocking core 2 duo processor - How to Overclock Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad?

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , ,