Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Asus Crosshair V Formula with AMD FX 8120 overclocking

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 02-06-2012

Asus Crosshair V Formula with AMD FX 8120 overclocking

Planing to first time overclock AMD FX 8120 processor on Asus Crosshair V Formula motherboard. This board looks awesome and I am sure I am not going to face any kind of error on this. Now to begin I had gone through some manuals and found that the bios itself gives you all kind of feature and support to overclock. I just want to stay on the safer side. So any recommendation or tips will be much more helpful.

Old 02-06-2012

Re: Asus Crosshair V Formula with AMD FX 8120 overclocking

In-order to overclock a cpu first you have to find out the maximum temperature that it can tolerate. The core temperature. It is found that maximum core temperate should be around 61 degree Celsius maximum and not above that. Because that can simply affect the cpu life. Second thing it is recommended that you perform certain number of test before going for any kind of overclocking stuff. It is just to ensure that your system is stable or not. That can be done via prime95. If your system crashes here then simply means either some hardware is not compatible or your system lacks good cooling support. Cooling plays a vital role in overclocking. It removes the excess heat generated which cause cpu shutdown. In overclocking it is required that you keep a close eye on the core temperature. Anyhow Asus Crosshair V Formula is an awesome board. You might never face issue on that. The things where you need to work is the psu and cooling stuff.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , ,