Thread: Maximum Voltage recommended keeping the PC running 24x7 overclock

Maximum Voltage recommended keeping the PC running 24x7 overclock

Hello friends, just asking you a general question, anyone expert with overclocking can let me know the maximum recommended voltage for a 24X7 overclocked computer system? I am not a computer genius, that’s the reason I am unable to post the thread as according to your understanding specifying the configuration or other thing that might help you in anyways. However, as I said I just want to know voltage limit in general.

re: Maximum Voltage recommended keeping the PC running 24x7 overclock

First of all I would like to appreciate your affords you put in to ask the question. Never mind, I will help with what you want. Look, first of all always remember that overclocking and other related aspects of it mostly depends upon the CPU, graphic card and motherboard. However when it comes to setting up the voltage then CPU is the one that comes into the picture. It’s you CPU that has a unique voltage. All the system has its own bearing and capacity while overclocking. You wouldn’t know, while you overclock your system by looking into someone other’s setting you might end up with some issue or problem. Each and every processor has its own settings with their own unique max voltage.

CPU’s may share the same name or brand and also they may have the similar properties but when it comes to installing them to a different machine, their capacity and range changes. No CPU of the same manufacturer remains the same after their installation. The reason is quite simply. Suppose if you have two same brand CPUs and if you have installed them into two different machines having entirely different configuration. Even if the system configuration is same, different environment and maintenance is going to make the two processors behave differently sharing different and unique settings.

That’s correct. According to my knowledge and experience I would say that in general 1.35 to 4.6 GHz would be a best guess of an appropriate voltage for any random processor. I do have two processors with me and both have something interesting with them. One of the processor is overclocked at 5GHz with 1.370 voltage and its stable whereas the other CPU which is clocked at the same 5GHz is stable with 1.6 volts. I have never able to find the reason for my both processor being stable with two different voltages even after I have colcked them at the same level.

I am well aware of my computer system. I do have a i7-2600K processor with me and a Maximus IV Extreme-Z. I too have the exact same question about setting up the voltage. I need to make my system running the entire way 24/7 overclock. I am well aware of all technical concepts so therefore you need not have to worry about anything, you can ask me anything what so ever you need in order to help me out. As already told above that setting the voltage mostly depends upon the processor, and then what might be appropriate voltage for my i7-2600K CPU?

As far as I know there is nothing for me to worry as I have set my machine as according to suite overclock. I have installed a custom water cooling loop so therefore I need not have to worry for the temperature at all. Everything is all set and just let me know the proper voltage that I could set on my machine.

I'm trying to set my 24/7 overclock in my new machine. I've got the Maximus IV Extreme-Z and an i7-2600K. I've got a high end custom water cooling loop, so temperatures aren't going to be my limited factor at all. Even at 5.0 Ghz and 1.425 volts I max at 60 on one core and about 56-57 on the other 3. It's not stable though, and I don't really care to get it stable because I know that's too high for a 24/7 overclock.