Thread: Opening easytune 6 changes all overclocking settings

Opening easytune 6 changes all overclocking settings

I wanted to overclock my CPU from 4.0 to 4.5. This is my first experience with the overclocking. I used the easytune 6 to raise it to 4.5. Till that time all the things were going well and I thought that I did that perfectly. But now when I open the easytune 6 then I found that it is downclocked and all the settings that I did for this was changed. This is really weird because I have not done any chances in it after overclocking is done.

I don’t understand that where I am going wrong and how can I get this problem resolved. If you have some suggestion for me then please let me know that. Thank you!!!

Re: Opening easytune 6 changes all overclocking settings

There is one trick that you can use in order to get this problem resolved. All you have to do is, go to the services.msc and from there disable the all the services which are associated with the Easy Tune 6. Once you are completed with that then you will have reboot your computer. Start the Easy Tune 6. Now do the changes/settings that you wish to do. I don’t think that it will be changes this time.

What is the version of the easytune 6 that you are using? I think that you are using some outdated version of it. It is recommended to make use of the latest version of the easytune 6. In my case, am using the EasyTune6 (Intel) B11.0309.1 and there is no problem. Other than this, you have not mentioned anything about the operating system that you are using in your computer. So in your next post, you must post with that so that it will be helpful for us to determine the reason for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    I wanted to overclock my CPU from 4.0 to 4.5. This is my first experience with the overclocking. I used the easytune 6 to raise it to 4.5. Till that time all the things were going well and I thought that I did that perfectly. But now when I open the easytune 6 then I found that it is downclocked and all the settings that I did for this was changed. This is really weird because I have not done any chances in it after overclocking is done.

I don’t understand that where I am going wrong and how can I get this problem resolved. If you have some suggestion for me then please let me know that. Thank you!!!
    If you want to have your overclocking more stable then it is very important to keep the speedstep off. I have seen such problem when overclocked by keeping speedstep on. I hope this will help you.

It is possible that the easytune 6 is showing you incorrect information than what is set originally. It will be better for if you can make use of the HWMonitor. HWMonitor can provide you the live information from various sensors present in the heart of your machine. On the menu, we will get the variations of temperature, voltage, speed fan rotation and stocking rates.

You will also get the information regarding components that are connected with the machine and processors, graphics cards, hard disks and even batteries for laptops. Of course the amount of detail will depend largely on your model. I am using the same and that never gives me wrong information.

Have you enabled the power savings? If this is the case then there is no doubt that the CPU is going to downclock when it is idle. So there is nothing weird in this. If you are not satisfied with your current software then you can also make use of the Cupid Hardware Monitor otherwise Cpuid CPU-Z. These are the two tools, with the help of which you can have the exact information regarding your system and especially the voltage.

The best among these two, Cpuid CPU-Z will be the better option for you. it will show you the information about PC's processor, memory, chipset of the motherboard and graphics card. CPU-Z sort the data in tabs. The first will see data on the processor: name, codename, socket type, speed, available instructions, cache, etc. Among all the tabs, the most important is the mainboard and Memory tab, where CPU-Z shows the chipset, BIOS, and the type of installed RAM. It can also help to extend the hardware side. You can also save the report from the bout tab.