Thread: Intel Core i5 2500k voltage different readings in BIOS and CPU-Z

Intel Core i5 2500k voltage different readings in BIOS and CPU-Z

I have overclocked the Intel 2500k and all the things are running well but only problem is that there is difference in the voltage shown by BIOS and CPU-Z. I have set the voltage to 1.30 from the BIOS but when I see the voltage into the CPU-Z then that is coming as 1.5+. This is not a small difference that can be avoidable. I am not able to understand that why they are showing different reading for the same system. Is there someone who has any idea. Please reply.

Re: Intel Core i5 2500k voltage different readings in BIOS and CPU-Z

What is the version of the CPU-Z that you are using to get the readings? I think that you are having some older version of CPU-Z and for that reason you are having problem to get the accurate reading. So get the latest CPU-Z and use that, see you are getting the difference in the voltage with that as well and report us back.

I really do not believe in readings from the third party application. If there is any bug in the application then that will show you incorrect reading and it will make you confused. Yes, this is true because there have been many of the similar cases like this. So it will be better for you if you trust on the reading given by the BIOS. You will always get the perfect reading from that.

The best that I can recommend you is the use of the HWMonitor. This is available for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit as well. This is a software that is developed by the CPUID team. It will collect the information regarding the temperatures, voltages from your system and shows the result to you. You will also get the information on speed of the fan. I know that there are many of the applications available which are restricted to motherboard, CPU and GPU but with the help of the HWMonitor, you will also get the temperature for your hard drives.

HWMonitor reads from a variety of hardware sensors, monitors and makes it clearly visible to you. HWMonitor you informed about the status of various sensors in your system. There is also a portable version of the software available that you can transfer in your USB drive and can make use of that on any PC you want without having to install that on that system.

I am not very sure about this but I think that you have put the VDroop with its maximum state. VDroop is used for overclocking and if you have set that with the maximum state then the decision for the voltage needed to CPU operation will be taken by the motherboard. If you want then you can also get down to the instant boost path. If you do that then you will be able to choose the profile and allow the motherboard for putting all the things that is required for the target you set.

Why don’t you use Everest Home Edition. I have used that and I can say that this is a very good program to use and will give you quite accurate reading for your system. Everest Home Edition is a program for monitoring and tuning of the system. It offers over graphs of surface and is easy to use. In addition to hardware and software information tool that provides useful tips to optimize your PC. The freeware comes from the same manufacturer as the popular analysis tool AIDA32 . However, both programs are now no longer being developed. If you want to keep all its system data at a Glance then the system analysis tools is a must. "Everest Home" reads all sorts of sensors, performs system benchmarks, provides comprehensive information and all free of charge.

Everest Home Edition is a powerful diagnostic tool that lists all the computer hardware components separated into categories. It only works on Windows XP, so if you are using Vista or 7, download AIDA64. For ease of assimilation, you have a paragraph summary and a report generator can be exported to HTML. Each data also can be copied separately to the clipboard. The latest version of Everest Home Edition, 2.20, is not compatible with Windows Vista and 7 which is a big failure but you can use the earlier version of that. Everest Home Edition is still a good computer analysis program, useful for users of XP and earlier versions of Windows.