Thread: What are the benefits of Overclocking in Offset Mode

What are the benefits of Overclocking in Offset Mode

I am newbie in overclocking. I read somewhere about overclocking CPU in Offset mode. Can you tell me what do you meant by that. What are the points should be considered while doing the same. What kind of benefits it will offer/ Also let me know if there are any disadvantages with the same. Any help to resolve the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What are the benefits of Overclocking in Offset Mode

The offset mode will allows you to control voltage while overclock Sandy Bridge 2500K or 2600K. Well I wanted to share advantages of offset mode. While overclocking CPU, a fixed value should be set to Vcore voltages. CPU going to use that amount of voltage irrespective of work load under computer is working. Overclock CPU can be downclocked by using SpeedStep and Turbo modes but still it wont make any difference in voltage consumption of CPU. It would result into overheat and wastage of energy. Hence it should be fruitful solution to use Offset Mode. I found, offset mode is useful if you wanted to overclock your CPU in middle range that is it wont work if you overclock to 4.4ghz-4.5ghz. You will find it, bit complicated when you are doing the same. you need to work a lot to become master of it. Lastly there are lots of settings to be changed if you wanted to overclock CPU to higher value. Dealing with offset mode wont work for you.

Re: What are the benefits of Overclocking in Offset Mode

Whenever you wanted to use Offset mode I recommend, begin slow. No need to overclock CPU to very high value. Simply increase multiplier with a small value. Once you changed the multiplier value take a look on all the things and see what is happening exactly. I recommend to change voltage value by .005 volt. You should use program like prime95 to check out the temperature and voltage. If you think it is not proper simply get into the BIOS of the system try with different values. Once you managed to get require result simply save all settings into overclock profile in BIOS. It will help you to load settings whenever needed. You should have better cooling system on the system. according to me CPU, motherboard and Cooling system are the major factors to overclock CPU.