Thread: When do we need Water-Cooling

When do we need Water-Cooling

I have Intel Core i5 processor which I brought before few months. It has 3.3 GHz clock speed and has 4 cores with maximum 6MB of cache. I overclock my CPU to 3.9 GHz with 16.5 multiplier where temperature is 50C. I am running it with default cooling system mean with Fan and heatsink which is provided by Intel with CPU. I increase the FSB 200 MHz to 230 MHz and CNC is also enabled. Still it is working fine and not overheated. It shows little bit more than normal temperature. So, should I install the extra water cooling system? Or if yes then which cooling system is you recommend?

Re: When do we need Water-Cooling

Overclock is generating more heat. It is harmful for CPU and other component. I don’t suggest you to use your machine with fan and heatsink in overclock mode. So, you have to buy water cooling system which maintains the CPU temperature. After installing Water cooling system your CPU is able overclock more than 4.2 GHz and still in normal temperature. I recommend you to buy minimum Zalman ZM-WB5 PLUS CPU Water Cooling system. And if you great budget then buy Corsair H70 cooling system because for extreme overclocking needed great water cooling system.

Re: When do we need Water-Cooling

It is not compulsory to buy water cooling system in overclocking. You can also use some good quality CPU cooler because it is not much costly as compare to water cooling system. But if you are using extreme overclocking and increase more voltage than I recommends you to use high end water cooling system. The reason to use this is it generate too much heat which affect to CPU life and sometimes CPU is almost dead. I recommend you to go for Corsair Hydro Series H80 Liquid CPU Cooler. Corsair hydro H80 cooler has auto variation in RPM to between 1300RPM to 2500RPM best cooling technology.