Thread: Is it worth to turn off CPU phase control at the time of overclocking?

Is it worth to turn off CPU phase control at the time of overclocking?

I am new to overclocking and so I need some tips from the people over here. I want to know that is it worth to turn off CPU phase control at the time of overclocking? I was searching for the same on internet and there are some of the people who have posted that it must be turned off and there are also some of the users who are against this. So I thought, it is worth to start a new thread over here to have some suggestion from the people over here instead of searching here and there. Can someone please tell me that should I keep the CPU phase control or on at the time of overclocking? Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Is it worth to turn off CPU phase control at the time of overclocking?

As you told that you are new to overclocking so I will never recommend you to play with that. CPU phase control helps for converting voltage of power supply for the CPU. In case if the CPU get more than the required voltage then that can also lead to processor damage and that is going to be a big shock for you. It controls the voltage demand from the CPU so that CPU can function well. If you are new to overclocking then please refer to some guide made for overcooking so that you can have basic idea about.

This is very important because once you damage anything while overclocking then you will be in big trouble because it will not be covered into warranty. So do it on your responsibility. The main risk of overclocking is to toast the processor from overheating and is by applying an excessively high voltage (Vcore). Turning off the CPU phase control is the main reason for this problem. Using the processor with a higher frequency also has an influence on its life.