Thread: Need help in over-clocking NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

Need help in over-clocking NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

I own a Toshiba Satellite P770/P775 and it is having the below components:
    • Core i7 2600QM
    • 6 gb ram
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

I am willing to over-clock GT 540M card but then I just wanted to know if there is any risk in doing the same, I have not tried out the same and I don’t have much idea about it, so I just wanted to know that will it be safe can I get better FPS in the video games I play after overclocking the card, is there anyone who has an idea about all this an can help me out or suggest me something on this??

Re: Need help in over-clocking NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

Quote Originally Posted by Welllllll View Post
    I own a Toshiba Satellite P770/P775 and it is having the below components:
    • Core i7 2600QM
    • 6 gb ram
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

I am willing to over-clock GT 540M card but then I just wanted to know if there is any risk in doing the same, I have not tried out the same and I don’t have much idea about it, so I just wanted to know that will it be safe can I get better FPS in the video games I play after overclocking the card, is there anyone who has an idea about all this an can help me out or suggest me something on this??
    I will like to inform you that over-clocking does add risk to the system until you are not aware of the workaround or if you are not care fill about the same, in overclocking one has to change a few MHz at a time and cross check it each time to see if it is causing any issue or not, since you are having a laptop I really don’t think that it will be a good idea, it will be improving framerates and you will find out the difference to be groundbreaking if you are able to overclock it successfully, since you are not having much idea about the same and you are willing to try out the overclocking then you can check out some of the overclocking threads in this forum, they will give you a better idea for trying it out.

Re: Need help in over-clocking NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

Hey thanks for the same I have now referred to the below thread in this forum:
    Guide on how to overclock an ATI graphics card
    Overclocking guide in charts
    Any Advice on Overclocking MSI N560GTX-Ti
    So I think that now I am having some idea about the overclocking but then as I have mentioned that I have never tried out the same I just wanted to know that will it be fine if I will overclock in the below way:
    • From 672 MHZ to 750 MHZ
    • From 324 to 400 MHZ
    • From 1344 to 1400 MHZ

Will it be causing any kind of risk to the system??? Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.