Thread: Trouble behind using Water cooling in your System

Trouble behind using Water cooling in your System

Liquid cooling has offered has a great quality to a system to overcome heating issue at the time of overclocking. With the introduction of overclocking it became important to ensure that the system should be more reliable against heat. Overclocking generates a large amount heat and even kills your cpu. So even I planned to equip my old system with the most latest hardware and go for high processing for gaming. My intention was only gaming. So changed my entire cpu. I ordered a big one with Intel Core i5 and 4GB ram. The board came with the processor and I fixed a liquid cooler as suggested by my friend. I had a Koolance Waterblock on the system. After using it for almost 2 months I found that the the liquid cooler keeps on degrading. That means you need to carry out a regular maintenance if you need to make this thing work fine. This is the first thing I faced. Second if there is any leakage you system can be affected. That means the liquid inside can destroy some of the most major components of motherboard which can led to permanent death of board. I had added tapes to every edges to ensure that this does not appear. What I concluded in the end that it is not really worth to go for liquid cooling. It is too painful. If you had the right kit then fine or else keep changing the parts. Comparison to this our regular cpu fan is far more stable and does not need maintenance every time. What issue do you faced so we can criticize liquid cooling more.

Re: Trouble behind using Water cooling in your System

I am also a Koolance user long time before. I had 2GPU configured with Sli and a AMD processor. A guy came to my house and fixed everything. He showed me a basic of liquid cooling setup. Now when the system worked fine for some months I noticed that the game lags when I play continuously for more than 2 hours. I added a temperature monitor which reflect that one of my gpu is getting overheated. This has made a drastic change in the performance. I changed the fan. It was nice performance improved. Later on I notice leakage in the system. After noticing closely I found that the edges of tube are melted. I was shocked to see this. I found that the waterblock is getting too hot and because of that the tube edges melt. And the cooling is wasted. Now I had attached a tape fixed them all purposely and left it. There was some liquid that I receive with Koolance. I had not gain a good in liquid cooling and still struggling to get this fixed. What the most I am going to do in last is leave and get a big cpu fan. That will be enough for me. Is there any easy to use DIY type liquid cooling kit which does not need a regular maintenance each and every time.

Let me cry a bit also. I had helped my friend to purchase two desktop. One for him and one for his wife. Both were latest and equipped with liquid cooler. After a couple of week he called me and told that there is a noise in this system. I checked and found that it was the cooler. The cooler makes a very disturbing noise. I had tried many stuff to make it quiet but I cannot do major changes. This is one of the major trouble I had noticed in Liquid coolers.

There are more things which are yet pending to mention. In my case I had facing a trouble of getting cooler cpu than I expected. I had fixed up the cooler which came with the case itself and I had managed the thermal settings from bios itself. The pump which regulates the cooler speed is connected to the motherboard. The pump in responsible to manage the air to reach the cpu. The higher airflow the higher cpu stays cooler. I checked in a cpu temperature monitor and found that still the cpu is running hotter. I cannot overclock under that circumstances. So to fix this out I called up a technician who told me that it is better if I can add one more pump to the liquid cooler. Additional pump will ventilate more airflow in the system. It is necessary that tubes are nicely managed and fitted properly so that there is no leakage. I agree that liquid cooler needs a maintenance but as a requirement you might need to do a minor adjustment.

What I do not like in Liquid cooling is that it overweight the cpu case. It makes it more bulky and it does not looks clean. Air cooler is more decent and calm what I seen after using a liquid cooler.

It is right that a liquid cooler makes your system more bulky. It looks messy a number of tubes rotating around the entire system. I had made a list of items used in liquid cooler. They are
    • Pump
    • Radiator
    • Tubes
    • Coolant Liquid
    • Reservoir
    • Fans
    • Waterblock

Just check the above parts. This all needs to be fixed appropriately. Liquid cooler adds more to the expenses. After a particular time interval you need to find a replacement for the coolant liquid used. I was planing to go for this but dropped the same later on.