Thread: How to overclock safely in a Fractal R3 cabinet

How to overclock safely in a Fractal R3 cabinet

Hello friends, I was thinking to overclock processor (Intel i3-2100) and having Fractal R3 cabinet, so not sure that it will be working properly in that, I do know that cooling will not be an issue, and then also wanted to be confirming before doing that. If it is not at all safe then will be planning to insert more fans on to cabinet, but will be doing overclocking of processor that is for sure. Below is my configuration, so you can have a look on to it and tell me that it will be safe or not. Your suggestion will be really helpful for me, so please help me out with it. Thank you.
    • CPU: - Intel i3-2100
    • GPU: MSI Twin Frozr OC
    • Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 1155
    • Fan: Hyper TX3

re: How to overclock safely in a Fractal R3 cabinet

If you are using above configuration then I will not going for it at all, I do not think that it will worth. One advantage about this cabinet is that it is very much quiet, as compare to same range cabinets. If you are going for it then I will sure suggest that you better add some more fans to it and once you added more then it will be compromising noise which you might be hear when you overclock processor. If it is been possible for you then I would suggest that better go for some bigger cooling options, which might be really worth and your system will be very much safe. One serious thing which I would like to tell is that you might have to plenty of aftermarket coolers to fit in there. The choice is yours, better think about it and proceed ahead.

re: How to overclock safely in a Fractal R3 cabinet

I really do not think that it might be a problem for user, whereas it is using Hyper TX3, which is really a good cooling system and there will not problem with heat inside. But I do not think that it will be fit properly into cabinet. I you better go for hyper 212 which is also good fan and it will easily fit on to cabinet. So you can check out some more fan if possible as there are plenty which are good and also fit. You then go for Corsair Obsidian 550D Cases, which is really worth and you might be not having problem that overclock processor will be working safely or not.