Thread: Unable to change CPU voltage of Asus P8Z68-V LE resulting in poor overclocking

Unable to change CPU voltage of Asus P8Z68-V LE resulting in poor overclocking

I just purchased a new system with Asus P8Z68-V LE motherboard in it. The cooling system that I use is a Corsair H100. This motherboard has no option to designate voltage in any way. I have tried flashing the BIOS but still it didn’t help. The only option it provided me was to bring variance in the voltage that motherboard consumed. I also tried getting the speed of CPU’s clock up but it also didn’t help me any way. I tried getting the CPU to reach 4.5 GHz at 1.5 V, but it also didn’t help. I know that the voltage is high, but even the high voltage didn’t help me in anyway. Using auto overclocking tool, I raised the value of CPU to 4.4 GHz at 1.32 voltages. Can someone help me overclocking my motherboard?

Re: Unable to change CPU voltage of Asus P8Z68-V LE resulting in poor overclocking

You can try setting the settings of the CPU core to the manual mode instead of Multi mode which is default setting. Also try setting the VCore to manual. Many times it happens so that the default settings that are pre defined by the manufacturer restrict the change in settings like power supply or increase in clock speeds. This must be the reason why your motherboard must be giving error s while overclocking. These settings are mostly found in advanced settings of the BIOS or the AI Suite of the homepage of the BIOS. When you use an auto overclocking tool, it tries to override these settings. This causes more major problems than the problems caused when trying to override it manually.

Re: Unable to change CPU voltage of Asus P8Z68-V LE resulting in poor overclocking

You can try changing the settings of LLC, it is the setting that is in charge of controlling the voltage flow in the motherboard. Turning it off completely can lead to rise in voltage levels to an insane value of 1.5 V. After turning it off, the values of it came to a considerable level. At this level it is easily controlled by Asus software. You will face issue of fluctuation in voltage as the CPU reaches high clock speed. This depends on the circumstances of the CPU, how much voltage it consumes and how much other peripherals consume. Also, it depends on the amount of voltage supplied by the PSU. You can try using more powerful PSU for getting a successful overclocking result in your computer’s motherboard.

It seems that you are facing the problem of voltage offset in your system. This voltage offset value that is obtained is added at the end of voltage calculation. You can check the voltage that is running in your system using softwares or 3rd part application in your computer. If the problem is related to voltage, then you will need to take more than usual efforts to adjust the voltage. You will need to repeatedly reboot your computer get the value voltage and again adjust it for the suitable conditions. In this situation, I recommend that you add the voltage by 0.090 V at a time. Do not try the big pushes like 100 MHz.