Thread: Stressing overclocking on Intel Core i7 930 with Intel burn test

Stressing overclocking on Intel Core i7 930 with Intel burn test

Hello friends, I have recently purchased new processor Intel Core i7 930 and also done the overclocking of it. Earlier I was Prime95 with my older configuration and many people have suggested me that I should use Intel Burn Test with it, so I was using that and was getting average temperature of CPU. So with new one I have run Intel Burn Test for hardly less than 5 hours and it was been working fine and there is no problem with it. But I am not sure that system which I am having it is been running at stable or not? I would like to know that should I use Intel Burn Test or continue it with Prime95; I am not at all sure what I should do. Please do suggest me that what will be best. Thank you.

Re: Stressing overclocking on Intel Core i7 930 with Intel burn test

Whenever you are been using new overclock processor then you should use Prime95 for whole 24 hours. When you will be using that then it will surely tell that how much your system is been stable and what more you can do with it. Even also you have run Intel burn test for 5 hours which is also good and you are getting proper and average temperature then it is really nice, there is no problem to use that also.

Let me tell you that there are people who are using Intel burn test and facing a lot of problem with it and I am not sure that it will be best for you or not. If you are not getting then it is been really good sign. Most of time problem is been occurring during time of general use, movies, encoded a few videos and some other stuff. If you do not want to have more problems then you better use Prime95.

There is been one program which is been very much nice and I am using it from a long time, it is been best to control the temperatures. If you also wanted to use then search for Core temp and get it for you. If you wanted to know the advantages about it then it will be best that you install it on your system and check out result which you are been getting it with that program.

I would also suggest that you go with Core Temp and it is really nice, I have been using it and there is no problem whenever I am doing my daily work, it is very much stable enough and also I am very much confident that it will be full stable. You will be getting error with it when your system is at full load and it mostly happens after working for 10 hours.

I would like to tell there is no difference if you are running Prime95 for whole day or running Intel Burn Test for 20 hours. Even also you can run LinX for same time then also you will be getting stable system, I have seen the difference as done overclocking of system from past many years. I have been doing it and did not got failed in that, I would like to tell that if you use Prime95 for 12 hours then also will be getting good stable running system. Most of people will not agree to this point, many will be suggesting you that go with Prime95 for 24 hours, but I suggest you to with it at half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Johson View Post
    I would like to tell there is no difference if you are running Prime95 for whole day or running Intel Burn Test for 20 hours. Even also you can run LinX for same time then also you will be getting stable system, I have seen the difference as done overclocking of system from past many years. I have been doing it and did not got failed in that, I would like to tell that if you use Prime95 for 12 hours then also will be getting good stable running system. Most of people will not agree to this point, many will be suggesting you that go with Prime95 for 24 hours, but I suggest you to with it at half.
    Whatever you have told it is very much true, as I have also run Prime95 and got a running stable performance, but there is no harm to run Prime95 for 24 hours, if user runs it then he might be getting a better and proper idea how much its system is stable.