Thread: What are the causes of melting of Watercooling

What are the causes of melting of Watercooling

I am not able to figure out the right answer to find out why water-cooling usually meltdown. Now I had fitted all stuff properly and I was enough lucky in start to find that it was working fine. I had made a system bit more overclocked by raising the clock rate. But that really did not worked out. I had no point now to go for more high frequency as very soon the water-cooling goes down. Can anyone tell casual reason why this happens. How I can set this up for more longer time.

Re: What are the causes of melting of Watercooling

The most common issue behind this is the power. Did you check what is the power consumption of your system. If the same is quiet high I will recommend you to increase the psu. Or also see that the smps is not damaged. It is necessary that it should keep on working until the system is on. And to be frank water-cooling does not meltdown on its own. There are times when you just need to change the liquid used inside it. Once it is configured the same works for months. It is necessary that you must check there is no leakage and everything is fitted properly. The cpu if getting heated then it means then liquid cooler is enough. Check that your system has enough air ventilation. There should not be blockage. If you can put a photo of your system then it can become much better to assist you for the same.

It looks that your water cooler loop is getting overheated because of the tubs meltdown. Due to that stuff access air is out and heat rises. Check properly that your cpu is not getting to hot which cannot be handle by the cooler.

What kit are you using. If it is a custom made then there can be ample of flaws. It is necessary that you must have proper documents to fit all the stuff together properly. I had seen some most basic kits which are easily to fit. It is right that you must upgrade your psu to some extent. It helps a lot to the cooler to stay active. Second thing if the cpu generate a lot of hit, the water-blocks consume the same which is then cooler by air inside the tubes. If the heat over limit the tubes losses the edges from where the air leaks out. You can try adding some extra cover over the tube edges to make them more firm. Some kits has proper setup with minimum attachments. Compare to them branded system comes with nice products. The material used is much better than other. Have a look on alienware gaming pc. They are costly but one time investment. You can open your cpu case and see what issue. I think there is no enough ventilation present in your system.

Try this out. Remove the water blocks and then rubber seals which are located on the edges to tightly hold the tubes and coolant. Check on the fittings whether the plastic is melted or not. What I think the issue is due to fail pump. The pump is responsible for pumping out the heat from the system and draw cool air towards the cpu. If this is not functioning properly then the heat accumulates on one place causing the tubes to meltdown. There are very sensitive parts in a liquid cooler which we notice rarely. Somehow due to a block tube the issue also appears. The only cause is access of heat accumulation on a single place. Touch and check the status of blocks. You can observe the amount of heat generated.

I do not think hot water is responsible for the same. And also this is not responsible for causing the tube to melt down. The block which is used is the metal which heats up and cause the issue. It can become enough hot to melt a tube.

I think the kit is not proper. Try to change and get a battery one. If there are leakage it will be a waste of time to block each and everyone of them. Under such condition it is not recommended to overclock the system. Leave it as it is.

Yes it is right. You must not overclock your system when the system is too hot or if the liquid cooler is not responding properly.