Thread: How to overclock Geforce GTX 285?

How to overclock Geforce GTX 285?

As the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here. Well I am having Geforce GTX 285 graphic card and I wanted to overclock the same. I don’t have any idea regarding overclocking stuffs. Below mentioned are the system specifications.
    CPU-AMD Athlon X2 6000
    motherboard - asus m4a78e
    RAM 2*2 ddr2
    Let me know if you are having any useful instruction to overclock my graphic card. any help to resolve the matter will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to overclock Geforce GTX 285?

Well I have managed to overclock my GPU by making use of eVGA Precision tool. I used this particular program to increase core clock. After that I ran Furmark around 15 to 30 minutes to see whether it is passing overclocked GPU. in case it is get passed by Furmark then you should raise some more voltage. You should do the same until and unless you are able to get artifacts. You should also work on shader little bit and memory as well. one point will reach when you will not be able to raise core at all. however once you have raised the memory you will be able to get core enough higher. I have managed to get my core at 700Mhz and it was stable. It got happened with raising both core as well as shader. Also you will not be able to raise core anymore until and unless you have raised the shader as well. the entire process could take lots of time but you will be able to do the same once you have get used to of it. if you have managed to get Furmark stable then I am sure that you could play some game but see that it does not artifact. If it does then simply lower down the GPU clock till it does not artifact or simply increase the voltage.

As far as I know this particular card is not having much support for higher overclocking. Why I am saying because GPU is not having support for software voltage changes. You will have limited ability to overclock your GPU. But still there are couple of way to improve to increase voltage which is used by graphic card. Also it is dependent whether you are having a reference PCB. But you can use MSI afterburner or EVGA eLEET. Whenever you are trying to overclock your GPU you should simply increase your Fan speed.

You will be able to overclock your GPU by using precision. You should simply check pci settings from the BIOS menu. you can try with 101mhz, 105mhz, 110mhz. simply try to raise PCIE voltage could do a trick. The basic steps is you have to overclock your core and after that overclock your shader and finally overclock your RAM. You will be able to overclock your card eailsy. But see that CPU and RAM are not messing. You should try with all the stock settings available and then continue with overclocking by using above mentioned software.