Thread: Reference design of watercooling block for MSI GeForce GTX 560

Reference design of watercooling block for MSI GeForce GTX 560

right now I am having MSI GeForce GTX 560 810MHZ 1GB 4GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI Mini HDMI PCI-E Video Card. I am looking to purchase custom watercooling kit. I am new to this particular thing. if you are having any useful information to share then let me know as early as possible. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Reference design of watercooling block for MSI GeForce GTX 560

Well after going through the requirement of yours I wanted to tell you that you should go for something like universal GPU waterblock such as Swiftech MCW80. You wont need to do for anything for memory. Simply place the 800mm fan on VRM and save some money for you.

Thanks a lot for sharing useful information over here. I will definitely think about the thing which you have mentioned over here. I am also wondering about some of the heatsinks which I can apply on VRM as well.

As far as I know some cards having heatsinks on the VRM already. You can find out the same when you have removed the stock heatsinks. ASUS have done with DCII but MSI does not done with them. such RAM and VRM are designed to make use of under of the cooling fan. It might not provide the enough amount of the lower airflow when you are making use of the core waterblock.

Well I am sure about the thing that is VRM seems to be more cooler as far as new boards are concerned. The 4870x2 and 5970 of mine needs more active cooling as compared to GPU itself. The basic limitation for the most of the cards for now a day seems to be VRM temp rather than that of the core temperature. I let you know that I tried to setup water only on GPUs on 4870x2s by using Vantec tornado and I have noticed that VRM temperature were out of control. I don’t the memory is much important but after a certain period of the time high temperature might cause damage to card.

Personally I recommend that you should not get the full block of the video card. you will need to spend around 100 dollars to purchase the water block at the time of tubing and compression fittings. It would be a waste of money if you are going to purchase water cool for this particular graphic card. you will get more performance by simply upgrading GPU rather than that of water cooling or overclocking the same.

In this particular situation I would recommend that you should go for arctic cooling accelero your GPU until and unless you are having liquid loop.