Thread: Fanless CPU water cooling system for AMD A6-3650 APU

Fanless CPU water cooling system for AMD A6-3650 APU

I built a PC for my home using AMD A6-3650 APU processor. I have used a CPU fan of size 240 mm for cooling of the system. This fan doesn’t cool my system much but keeps the temperature to a normal level. The problem is that this fan makes a lot of sound; this becomes irritating while watching movie or when I have something for download and whole PC is set on idle mode. The loud sound of fan is easily noticeable even when some sound is being played on my computer as well as when there is some other sound in the room. I am looking for a silent cooling system for my PC which will make minimal sound. I don’t want to use large external heatsinks for cooling. Can anyone suggest me some good water cooling system for my PC?

Re: Fanless CPU water cooling system for AMD A6-3650 APU

I suggest that before you buy a new cooling system, test you own existing system if it can be upgraded to remove the faults that is suffering currently. You also need to check if your CPU is getting good airflow, because if a good airflow is not provided then the heated air that has to escape remains inside the CPU itself. To cool the existing hot air and also the new hot air generated, the CPU fan has to work more for cooling the internal air. This leads to the loud and irritating sound of the cooling fan.

For testing if your existing cooling system is getting enough ventilation and good airflow you will need to open the side panel of CPU and blow a good amount of air using a table fan. Keep the speed of this table fan on high and provide as much air as you can. Now after some 5 minutes of doing this, run a heavy process that needs utilization of all the major peripherals intensively. You can run benchmarks, play a heavy game or start a random encoding process. No keep running this test for a period of 10 to 15 minutes. Keep noting down the temperature within span of every 1 minute. Note down the changes in rise and decrease of the temperature. Now compare the temperature that of your existing cooling fan and this test. If you find that temperature generated by this test is less than 50C as compared to temperature given by cooling fan, then you have a case of bad airflow.

Using a water cooling system in your computer won’t reduce the temperature much, there will only be difference of 10C to 30C. To increase this difference you will need to have some fans which will spread the cold air in the ambiance of CPU. If you use the water cooling system without fans then you will be just spending more money to get the same result. Also water cooling system requires a good maintenance, you need to keep checking regularly for leakage and its flow. I think that you need to check why the fan is making irritating noises, maybe dust must have accumulated in its blades or you can try reducing its rotation speed.

If the internal of your CPU has a big surface area then you will need a bigger loop of water cooling system. To control the flow of liquid in his big system will become difficult. Cooling fans usually remain silent when their speed is set less than 1000 RPM. I suggest that you use more than one cooling fans with speed less than 1000 RPM to get a good cooling as well as for keeping the noise at low level.

I use Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity System 240 Radiator for cooling of my CPU. This is a good cooling system for a CPU. It is a complete modular structure with a good cooling system. It is very compact as compared to other water cooling systems of same level. It does not require much soldering unless it you need to adjust it according to your own need. This cooler can be optimized in a good way to provide a parallel flow system using the joint at the bends of the pipe to bend them in directions required. The casing parts are made up of stainless steel and the internals are made of copper. It also has many upgrades available for more precise functioning. The accessories include pumps, sensors, expansion tanks and many more. The basic model also requires very low power to operate, in my system it needs around 600 V of power.

I suggest that you use Corsair H-Series coolers rather than using water cooling system. It is more reliable and efficient. You can buy Corsair H-series cooling fans of small size, maybe 120 mm to 240 mm and use them on medium speed. I use it, and they don’t produce much sound.

I use Thermalright XWB-001 water cooling system in my CPU and it works great when it comes to cooling. It uses copper casing for its pipe and can be used to keep it in contact with the parts of the CPU. This direct contact will ensure cooing of the parts on which it is used. Its sturdy design proves to be of good use when it comes to assembly of this system. Most of its body is made of copper which helps to prevent oxidation and erosion of metal used in body.

I suggest that you use Antec KUHLER H2O 920 CPU Water Cooler for your system. I use it in my CPU and it gives excellent cooling for CPU. It has good radiator system which helps in cooling the heated air in your CPU. The control pan of this system provides so many options to control this system that you can control almost speed of every part individually.