Thread: Window 7 won’t recognize my overclock

Window 7 won’t recognize my overclock

Everything was fine and working well after I did a fresh new installation of windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. But now I have noticed that my new windows 7 OS is unable to recognize my overclock.

I am sure that I already set it up in the BIOS before when I had Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit running onto my system. Also when check CPU-z, it does shows that my overclock is at 3.8Ghz and also my RAM specifications are still the same as it was when I had Vista. I just mean to say that nothing in my BIOS has been changed then why its not recognizing my overclock?

Re: Window 7 won’t recognize my overclock

Ok so you mean to say that the issue is only with the your overclocking and rest everything is fine. But as far as I can read it’s written in your post that your CPU-z can shows the overclock reading properly and also I guess its showing you that everything is going fair enough, then what’s there to worry. Just go with what your CPU-z says, I personally feel that your windows system reads your speed depending on the type of hardware you have.

If you checked out your CPU speed, may I know where exactly you went to check the speed?

If you checked out your CPU speed, may I know where exactly you went to check the speed?
    Yeah I am sure that I did a proper check of the CPU speed. In order to check it I directly went to:
    Start > Right Click on My Computer > Properties
    Also checked from: Control Panel > system option

The CPU-z says that everything is working fine as already said. But I still do not have any idea why exactly my windows 7 is still showing me that my CPU is at a Stock Speed. Please let me know.

I too have the same issue. The issue with in my EVGA X58 SLI LE motherboard system which is running windows 7 64 bit. For your information let me tell you that I previously set my CPU frequency in the BIOS setting at 165 i.e. 3.3 GHz but when I check My Computer Settings, over there the processor field reading is 2.79 GHz.

I already had a stable overclocking at 3.43 but then too till now I have faced freezing issue twice and not yet found why exactly the system behaved so both the time. My CPU-z Monitoring hardware says that all my CPU VCORE is .95 V and 50 W power consumption whereas generally I believe that it should be at 151. Currently by looking into hardware monitor I can see that the frequency is perfectly alright after running prime95.

Hey I wouldn’t say that I got a fix for this issue but surely I can help you out with windows recognizing your CPU speed and overclock. Even my system did showed the same behavior, CPU-z said that it’s overclocked but with the normal booting windows won’t recognize it.

But if you start your machine in Safe Mode, you will notice that windows recognizing it properly. Try it out.

I am sure you are indicating and pointing out the Windows Properties screen, this is what the screen which you are exactly talking about, where it displays the WEI score. You know in my system I am also running windows 7 from past 2 months and even today windows 7 is reporting me that my i5-750 which is overclocked to 3.6 is running at stock speed of 2.66.

I am sure that there is some fault from the side of microsoft, I guess they are simply trying to read the processor as certain type and then listing its default speed in those fields. Anyways I do believe CPU-z a lot and I am sure its n

But if you start your machine in Safe Mode, you will notice that windows recognizing it properly. Try it out.
    Hey that actually did work with my system too. When I went into the safe mode my windows was actually able to recognize the overclock and also it was able to show the speed correctly but then when I again switched back to the normal everything became abnormal.

Now what I always do is whenever I want to check the overclock speed I go to safe mode check it and then get back to windows normal mode as my properties windows and CPU-z were already not working well from the starting stage onwards.

Seems like my issue is completely more advanced with yours, hope I am not the only one with this issue. Earlier I had Windows XP SP3 installed in my DFI Lanparty ut CFX3200 system. At that time whenever I use to check through CPU-z, it use to show me that my processor is overclocked from stock 2.6 (200FSB 13x Multi) to 2.8 (200FSB 14XMulti).

But later on due to some windows issue I switched to windows 7 64 bit and rest everything remained the same including the hardware specifications. And now both My Computer Properties and CPU-z shows that the processor is not overclocked and when I get into the BIOS settings there it shows my multi @ 14 and FSB @ 200 but CPU-z says 13 multi and 200 FSB.

Yeah I do agree that your issue is bit advanced than other people, but surely its not completely a different one. I might probably get the same solution as other. Anyways have you ever tried running any benchmark software? if not then please try it out and other than this also if possible try running a stress test and let me know the result. Most probably it might be the issue of processor throttling.

The only thing I can say is that as far as I am concerned windows won’t be recognizing your overclock in the system Properties windows, but remember it doesn’t means that your processor is not overclocked. At least there is your CPU-z who is showing you up the correct indication and CPU speed.
    You might not be aware that CPU-z is something which always shows you the correct system starts and also it’s the best way to monitor voltages.