Thread: Is it even worth to overclock GeForce GTX 570?

Is it even worth to overclock GeForce GTX 570?

Hello friends just wanted to know opinion about you all. I have recently overclocked GeForce GTX 570; it was having 797MHz core, 810 MHz shader and 324 MHz memories, it was been default and overclocked to 835 MHz core, 810 MHz shader and 324 MHz memory. I am very much surprised to find this hardly affected framerate although. Below are some of benchmarks which I have noticed.
    Just Cause 2 ("Dark Tower”)
    • No overclock = 56.93 average FPS
    • Overclocked = 58.74 average FPS

Just Cause 2 ("Concrete Jungle”)
    • No overclock = 40.73 average FPS
    • Overclock = 41.45 average FPS

Heaven Benchmark
    Normal clock
    • FPS: 47.0
    • Scores: 1184
    • Min FPS: 28.8
    • Max FPS: 118.5

Overclocked
    • FPS: 49.0
    • Scores: 1235
    • Min FPS: 9.8
    • Max FPS: 120.6

According to me, it is very much tough to worth shortening the life of your GPU just for an additional 2 frames. I believe that having water-cooling and so that I can get ridiculous FPS, it might be worthwhile. Until I have done something wrong, final agreement will be that it is not worth it. So just tell me, what your opinion about it is. Thank you.

Re: Is it even worth to overclock GeForce GTX 570?

I think that it is not bad for 40 MHz overclock. I think that you will be not decrease the life of card until you start adding voltage and run card to point of thermal throttle every time. Just wanted to know that you why you have not overclock shaders or memory? I think that it might be able to get another 2 to 3 fps without pushing them hard, so better try it and it will be working for you. Just tell configuration of your CPU.

It is very much bad for me, done overclocking shaders and memory, such that 1670 MHz and 2060 MHz in that order, it is not showing up time which I have written on OP. According to core, shaders and memory overclocked and now also getting 2 additional frames rate. If doing that then it does not call it success as doing this method that when running card it reaches 85C temperature and actually makes the tire out hot to touch. Due to which it keep on forcing me thinking that it worth or not. What kind of thing would be have to do with it so that I can get decent boost, such that it will give 10 or 20 frames, so it is worth for overcloking. I am using Intel i7 960 @ 3.20ghz and there was a guy who was think that my CPU will be a bottleneck, however then I have two technical from the local store of my area and they say no way it would be.

Let me tell you that it is not a bottle neck which is very much on CPU, according to me. It might be that Nvidia has removed most of the performance out from card at stock clocks. I believe that with more forceful overclock then you will be able to get a better output. For time been I do not thing that 2 FPS is worth sweating over, but 2 FPS is free and it is not hurting card in any way. Even you can try out setting up fan profile in Msi Afterburn so that it can bring down the temps a little.

If you increase clock of card just 4% then you will be gaining 4% performance boost, which appears to very much in line with what you would logically. I really do not know many things, if any cases where overclocking gives you a higher percentage which is been increased that clock changed. Can you tell me, what exactly you are expecting to have? Let me tell you that there was very mild overclock. I am not at all bothering with that much increase. There are people who are pushing their overclock on these cards by 100+ so that they can get 10%+ increases in performance. I would also suggest that push your CPU to 4 GHz and after that run test and see.

I am having no idea about it. I am also thinking that people who are doing that kind of overclock might be having water-cooler on their GPU’s? Reason for that is that I am at constant limit for mine GPU's stock cooler and then also it is little hotter. I have been thinking to do overclocking of it, although I would surely required to have a new cooler for it and it is running hot as it is, it might be thought 3.20 GHz, and also it seems to automatically overclock itself when it is under load, I have checked it when getting around 3.35 GHz, it might be enough CPU for most of games, and I do not think that there is need of more GPU?

Quote Originally Posted by Udi-Baba View Post
    I am having no idea about it. I am also thinking that people who are doing that kind of overclock might be having water-cooler on their GPU’s? Reason for that is that I am at constant limit for mine GPU's stock cooler and then also it is little hotter. I have been thinking to do overclocking of it, although I would surely required to have a new cooler for it and it is running hot as it is, it might be thought 3.20 GHz, and also it seems to automatically overclock itself when it is under load, I have checked it when getting around 3.35 GHz, it might be enough CPU for most of games, and I do not think that there is need of more GPU?
    Just wanted to know what is your constant limit for your stock cooler? Even do tell me that, are you controlling fan speed for GPU? I do believe that you might be doing it, so due to which I have to ask you.

I think that 835 MHz core and 2060 MHz memory which appear to be constant. I have set fan to automatic and due to some reason for getting a new card that my old card was used to howl as I would like to banshee since it ran so damned hot. Therefore I wanted fan to only run as much as it needed.

I think that your GPU will not work when it goes above those temperatures and it will become too hot. If it is failing then I do not know anything that I know of to do beside raise voltage. If it is getting very much hot then you need to have fan howling away and will be losing 5-10 degrees. If you are worried about heat and noise then only overclock which is been needed such that at time playing games. Whereas I have turn off fans on high during time of playing games so that GPU fan is presently one more fan even though it is the smallest and fastest so it is loudest of all. I began to hear it over other fans something around 70% speed, I am wearing headphones, so it does not bother me. However it is really nice GPU and stock speeds should match your entire requirement.

I have started getting artifacts, so I think that there is a better place to stop it and I know that it is really nice GPU, but it can be much better than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Udi-Baba View Post
    I have started getting artifacts, so I think that there is a better place to stop it and I know that it is really nice GPU, but it can be much better than it is.
    You are able to in addition tinker with distinctive BIOS’; adapting the voltage is an additional choice for a more stable timekeeper. You might as well be capable ticker it higher however, I've done a robust 900 MHz.