Thread: which is the best CPU Cooler for overclocking intel 2500k over 5.GHz?

which is the best CPU Cooler for overclocking intel 2500k over 5.GHz?

Hello friends, at last I planned to go for building a gaming rig for me. I am very much passionate about gaming, so therefore I need to build such a rig that I shouldn’t face any issue once I try playing any of the big sized game.

Amongst the processor I will be going with intel core i5 2500K, but only if it is possible to overclock it to 4.7GHz ~ 5.3GHz. as far as I am concerned I know that this kind of overclocking is only possible if we have a good CPU cooler. Anyone who can suggest me with the best Cooler present in the market?

Re: which is the best CPU Cooler for overclocking intel 2500k over 5.GHz?

Amongst the processor I will be going with Intel core i5 2500K, but only if it is possible to overclock it to 4.7GHz ~ 5.3GHz.
    For your kind information let me tell you that nothing above 4 ghz is going to increase the FPS (Frame Per Second), I mean even if your possibly overclock your processor above 4 GHz, the fps is not going to have any impact on it.

Anyways coming back to your requirement, according to me I think you should go for either Noctua NH-D14 which is good for overcocking above 4+ghz.

Even I am a gamer but technically not so strong and just because of this reason I never overclocked my 2500k processor. Most of the time I prefer to play Sc2, DotA 2 and HoN but other than this I would also like to try out the following game; Skyrim, Dragon Age II, GW 2, Tera, WoW. The reason I want to overclock my processor is to play Starcraft 2 which is actually a strong CPU intensive game. I have also noticed that overclocking 2500k to 4.5GHz almost fails to maintain a minimum fps 0f 60 during the complete match.

I am not sure but until now I was suggested with Hyper 212 Plus but I personally prefer a noctua nh-d14, anyone has any more suggestion or you too prefer to suggest me the same I mentioned here.

Look as already suggested above that once if you overclock your processor above 4GHz, your fps is not going to increase of show any change in it. I have personally tested it once with my intel 2600k.

If you are really willing to overclock for and above 4+ghz you can surely go for Noctua NH-D14 and if you really care for the fps rate and wanted to limit your 2500k overclocking till 4 GHz then I would suggest you to go for Hyper 212 Plus.

I have also noticed that overclocking 2500k to 4.5GHz almost fails to maintain a minimum fps 0f 60 during the complete match.
    Why exactly you need to maintain a minimum of 60fps in your game, you are certainly going to affect your own internet connection.

I must say that you people still lack some knowledge regarding overclocking and fps. For your information, the fps is always limited more because of your GPU and less with the processor overclocking i.e. 2500k overclocking.

Also your expectation for overclocking the processor 2500 k to 4.7 GHz ~ 5.3ghz or greater than 5.3 ghz is quite high according to me. Do you have any idea about the voltage it is going to intake in order to just run the 5.3ghz, also you must be aware that it may also generate a huge amount of heat. So therefore you better be prepared in all aspects in order to utilize your overclocked system.

Also you must be aware that it may also generate a huge amount of heat. So therefore you better be prepared in all aspects in order to utilize your overclocked system.
    There are different ways to overclock the intel 2500k, from each route you will end up having different range of heat. Also I must say that 5.3ghz fully stabled is not actually possible even with an air cooler kept beside your system. Access amount of heat is surely going to increase after you overclock above the expectation. Better you first you need to decide the possible way you are going to follow in order to overclock the 2500k. You really need to do certain research in this area, remember there are various ways to overclock the 2500k.

I do need to do the same, but there are no such serious target for me to overclock my intel core i5 2500k. I simply want to try overclocking my processor with no limits.

The only thing is that I need to overclock without changing or adding anything into my system’s specs. I don’t want to buy an extra cooler fan or something; instead I need to perform the task in presence of my stock cooler. Currently I am having a hyper 212 installed in my system. so please let me know whether it is possible to overclock 2500k with a stock cooler fan and without changing anything .

I truly liked the thread and the discussion that took place over here. Even I personally believe that the major factor that is to be considered for overclocking is a CPU cooler. But I would not even neglect other factors that are maybe small but however necessary for the same purpose:
    • Good CPU cooler
    • CPU capacity
    • Motherboard
    • Good PWM
    • Quality and Cooling of components
    • Also a good advanced PSU.

I do agree with you a proper advanced PSU is very much important while overclocking, if you do not have a quality and clear power supplying PSU probably you are never going to achive a stable high overclocking. I believe that Hyper 212+ cooler is definitely a better choice for a cooler but other than this there is still better choices that are available in the market.

Currently I am having a hyper 212 installed in my system. so please let me know whether it is possible to overclock 2500k with a stock cooler fan and without changing anything .
    There no doubt that you can overclock your processor if you really do not have any target in mind. Hper 212 is a better fan if you have is as a stock, you need not have to go for anything else.

There are few things that are seriously to be noted if you really wanted to overclock your 2500k:
    • Use liquid nitrogen
    • Or else better you go for a small personal freezer
    • Use electric waterproofer in oreder to Coat your motherboard and other internal components
    • Mount your motherboard inside the freezer
    • If you do this you must use air cooling inside the freezer
    • If possible get a bungie cord to keep the freezer door closed