Thread: Make a LCD display to monitor PC fan RPM

Make a LCD display to monitor PC fan RPM

I want a Circuit Schematic that is meant for reading values from the FAN RPM signal wire? I think that I can wire something so that it can output the RPM directly to a small LCD display. What are the controller should I need to buy for this. I know that LCD displays will not gonna cost you much. I don’t want a RPM sensor using an IR sensor or a photo sensor.

Re: Make a LCD display to monitor PC fan RPM

I don’t think that you need to build one for this because there are already readily made components available in the market which will help you to task easier. The one I see is a continuously variable fan controls to be installed in 3.5 "bay. The continuous control allows precise adjustment to the actual demand. The control you build a just a few steps in a free 3.5 "bay of your computer.
    • 1-channel fan controller with display
    • LCD display illuminated
    • 3-pin fan connector
    • Dimensions: 102 x 113 x 25 mm
    • Incl. Cables and screws

I don’t think that these things can be done manually unless you have a good knowledge over this and having experience in PC modding. There is some or another way, you can bring the BIOS output or speedfan output on the external LCD screen of your own. The connections could be somewhat complicated and its needs a little programming concept.

Did you see the NZXT touch screen Fan connectors. The manufacturer NZXT is known not only for his exceptional and usually individually designed housing, in terms of cooling has the manufacturer so a lot of know-how. The high quality and brilliant features and benefits in doubt NZXT products for one another try. The Sentry LX is now the successor to the manufacturer prior to the already known and proven for years a Sentry control. What first catches is that very large LCD display. Shall adopt the LCD on almost the entire front surface and allows even from neither a distance nor a convenient overview of the necessary data. Especially at night, the controller can use the backlight play to its strengths.

I believe that if you are going to do something like this, then this could end up like more expensive than the actual PWM controller. It is a way more complicated but you can use the same concept that is used in PWM controllers. You have to take the signal from the fan RPM wire and convert to a simple LCD screen. You need to program on your own for that. It takes a bit learning and bit effort.