Thread: Stable overclocking performance on Intel cpu @ 4.5Ghz and 5Ghz

Stable overclocking performance on Intel cpu @ 4.5Ghz and 5Ghz

I had seen a number of Intel processors breaking the record of overclocking. But all are not lucky to achieve that clock rate. My dream is to get a stable system @ 4.5Ghz and maximum @ 5Ghz. That does not looks really possible, but I am ready to invest on a better system.

Re: Stable overclocking performance on Intel cpu @ 4.5Ghz and 5Ghz

It is possible. But on that you need ample of good hardware support. First of all the best processor which can rightnow bear that much processing power is Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7. You must only choose th best. I will go for Intel Core i7. With this you must have minimum 4GB ram installed on your system. Tools like Cpuz, Rivatuner or other inbuilt bios utility can guide you how to overclock the system on the needed rate. The speed of 5Ghz is still fiction but many are capable to reach at that point. It does not really matters what settings they are using, because that differs on the base of systems. For preserving your cpu you must add a liquid cooler a better one. This plays a vital role it maintaining your cpu's temperature. Later you can begin overclocking and keep a eye on the temperature. Let it be for sometime. If the system does not responds properly then you must know that it is the maximum limit.

Have you head about LinX. This is a kind of benchmarking tool that can be used to test your cpus performance. I had found this tool very reliable for overclockers. You must have one for your system. It will provide you information on your cpu stability.

Overclocking consist of many items. Only the cpu cannot do all the task. The 5Ghz frequency is much higher thatn expected. I had seen some of the user posted screenshot of Overclocked processor under Windows 7. It is recommended to test your system before doing it. Blindly overclocking can cause failure. So for that you can use the above mentioned tool called as LinX. It provides very accurate result that how much your cpu can bear overclocking. Other than this Prime95 and OCCT are software's that are used for this purpose. Stability check offers you to understand and figure out what can be cause if overclocking simply fails. The more you increase the cpu clock rate the higher it generates heat.

I do not think that you can reach to clock ratio. You will have to check properly. Higher voltage can kill your system.

I had seen certain benchmarking reports that clearly says that Intel Core i7 can reach 5Ghz clock rate. But till what time it can stay stable it is not really mentioned. The only thing that you can benefit from overclocking is better graphic performance while playing games. Other than what is your purpose of overclocking. In my views you can try to use only that speed which is mentioned under a safe limit. And the maximum that can be tolerated is 4.5Ghz. Also the cpu specification differs the overclocking performance. Get a nice cooler for a longer cpu life.

You can first overclock the processor then run Cpuz to find the right voltage consumed. Later on you can try increasing the same slowly. If you face blue screen or any other major hardware problem then you can try leaving the system on default settings.