Thread: Overclocking stability on AMD Thuban with Corsair kit

Overclocking stability on AMD Thuban with Corsair kit

It really does not matter what the cpu architecture is. What I had noticed that my system is stable on my current corsair kit. So there is really nothing much to worry about. What I am trying to find is the highest rate achieved on this architecture. Rightnow I am facing crash after a hour usage. I am trying to make it more stable by some modification in ram voltage. I do not much to test here. This can be the limit of my cpu and above that I cannot go with any means. But still I try to get a stable rate. What are your highest achievements on the same.

Re: Overclocking stability on AMD Thuban with Corsair kit

Prime95 can tell you about the stability. You had not mentioned that you checked your system with that. Prime95 finds the issue with RAM and it is recommended to run this before going for any modification. Rightnow in my case I can think stuff might be stable above 2Ghz. Not really higher. If you can get a updated bios version with latest firmware on your system then there is drastic changes in the stability of the system. Remember that whatever kit you are using should be of uniform specification. This is something really matter. Different specs in sticks can cause failure and also damage the system. I had noticed a great difference in stability between two different and similar ram version. Another thing is the cooler which must not be ignored. They be the most expensive part of your system but recommended if you want to reach 3 or above.

Here you are talking more about ram overclocking than cpu. So in that case the settings are different. It is right that you must test your ram with tools like prime95 before doing any of this stuff.

There are certain ram models which comes with dedicated overclocking support. You are using corsair. RAM are overclocked by modifying the voltage. You need a good tool for that. First in my views use the bios setting for overclocking. There are current motherboard which comes with default overclocking settings. You just need to enter the bios and modify the settings. To overclock the RAM they must be fitted in way that so that the FSB CPU and RAM are synchronized properly. Under many cases many users modify the fsb also. There are tool that can provide info on the current fsb settings.

SiSoftware Sandra is the tool that can help you to work with advance option in overclocking. Corsair offer a good range of memory stick that gives you better frequency on minor modifications. Overclocking is often to increase the timming at an end. A side effect of overclocking is the increase in power consumption. You must take all required care before going into overclocking or this can cause permanent damage to the ram. SiSoftware Sandra offers you advance options to overclock your entire system. You can increase the fsb and modify the ram voltage also.

Here I am really curious about this software that promise to make your RAM bigger and faster. There is a tool called as RAM Booster. I am not sure this overclock to increase ram power, but the tool is responsible in giving a higher performance on ram. RAM booster offers you to create more free ram, terminating existing process or those unwanted which eat up the ram. It is nice tool.

RAM Booster is a different tool not meant for overclocking. It is just a alternative for task manager which is responsible for freeing up your ram. On the other hand overclocking is pushing up your ram frequency over a higher rate by specialized tools. And to make a better overclocking you must use the bios. If you own a old motherboard then before doing the same you must run multiple tools to check the performance and stability. Some of the tools are Prime95 and OCCT. Run this tools and check that your system can stand overclocking or not.