Thread: Is AMD FX-4100 unlock till 8 cores

Is AMD FX-4100 unlock till 8 cores

Hello friends, just wanted to know that AMD FX-4100 is been Unlock to 8 cores or not? Well I am presently interested if anyone knows anything about it and also knows how to unlock the FX-4100 to 8 cores then just let me know method, so that I can do it. If it is possible then only tell me, otherwise not. Thank you.

Re: Is AMD FX-4100 unlock till 8 cores

Well my friend I do not think that might be possible. Let me tell you that some months ago AMD have told that FX series processors will not be having the unlocking features as it was on PII series. If you just consider the module design of the chip then I would agree with AMD statement and also I would suggest you that also agree on that and user processor as it is.

Well such as AMD Bulldozer stuff there are gossip and more gossips for far too long a period of time. Well there was someone who was reading the MSI 990 chipset features and it was been sure that MSI board is going to unlock FX processors. So I was not at all confirm with that so I have read the MSI blurb and did not get thought that FX processors would unlock, but you might be knowing there are rumors about it all over the internet and might not get with method.

Let me tell you that I have already ordered a new motherboard for my system. To go by the side of with new CPU FX-4100. But will be getting rid of the CPU I did not know the FX-4100 was not very good before ordering it. So I will be getting me a Phenom II X6 1090T

Well I was thinking to get FX 4100 or Phenom x4 965. But there is very much bad thing talked about the chip if you checked from review sites, but whomever is purchasing this board from newegg then he is give it 5 egg ratting over there. One person have told that we (who is purchasing this board) that should ignore the reviews as for him it feels faster than his Phenom x4 965. I have also seen that there was one person who has told using Sabertooth motherboard then he was able to unlock AMD FX 4100 to 8 cores. But I really do not know that was true or not.

Let me tell you there are some reviews on Egg which someone have got it unlocked on a Sabertooth, but most of us know that reliable those reviews can be. Whereas all though, no one has told anything about the 4100 processor till now.

I think that it might be nice to remember what the original unlocking was all about. Well AMD supplied the motherboard makers with the required information to do unlock the locked CPU. Well after that AMD have decided that there will be no additional unlocking because the unlocking was always more pushing their sales below $100.00 range. Even they are no longer will furnished the codes when the 890 chipsets came out and due to which it has been felt on mobo companies which were using older information to work out with their own unlocking procedures which is not be no longer supported by AMD. Well if there is any original help from AMD to unlock the newer FX cpus then it will be something sooner than the mobo companies can approach up with an unlocking of the cores on FX processor. It will be best when checking out such rumors and also it is keep all of us wasting lot bandwidth and time.

I received my AMD FX-4100 I cannot unlock it on my motherboard ASRock 970 EXTREME4 also I had to update my BIOS. FX-4100 seems to be performing a little bit better than my older x4 2.8ghz oc to 3ghz, games I had been running I had seen a improvement in FPS program is Fraps.