Thread: Need some advice for stability while overclocking AMD Phenom II X4 960T

Need some advice for stability while overclocking AMD Phenom II X4 960T

Well some days ago I was trying to overclock my new system and it was really fun in the initials as I was about to touch 3.850 GHz at 1.3625 vCore and ~4 hours of Prime95 but in the middle of the process one of the cores dropped out. Just raised the vCore and it was back to the normal. However I had tested the stability of all the 6 cores of this processor and it was quite stable but the rising heat in the system was a question mark for me. So to reduce down the temperature I had to lower down the multiplier and also the core clock as well but it failed to remain stable and I was not able to post with a 2500 NB and some of my friend recommend me 2600-3000NB, I just wonder how do they do that, that’s what the question is? I know some of the basic solutions to bring the system down for stability which I have already tried it but that did not work for me and please don’t repeat them as well. they would prove to be useless for me. Any other solutions that you all have then do suggest me, please.

Re: Need some advice for stability while overclocking AMD Phenom II X4 960T

Hi before I could comment anything about it run a cpu-z test and come back with the screenshots that will give a better idea for me about the necessary settings that you have made in the system, so dod you understand that? Run the cpu-z test and post a snapshot over here.

Ok fine here it is the snapshot. I am sorry that I did not mention that in the above posts anyways here it is

Well looking at the DRAM frequency it appears to me that it is way too high. You can also compare the frequency with the "Memory" tab that manufacture would recommend you for the memory in the "SPD" tab JEDEC columns. You should start the memory with the slower setting in bios and give some room for the fsb to increase. Now why I am saying that is because the frequency of the ram is directly linked with the FSB frequency. So if the fsb increases so would be the RAM as well.

I checked it and my motherboard is closely rated for the 2100MHz ocd ram. 1600 stock at 9-9-9-28-2T and I happened to get it at around 1920. So lets see I will bring it down and then check with the stability hopefully I will get some positive results after that.

Yes agreed to that but you know what AMD integrated memory controller is only rated for 1333. So probably by getting a good ram and fixing up the timings you can easily touch 1333. What say?