Thread: What are the advantages of overclocking Intel 3930k processor?

What are the advantages of overclocking Intel 3930k processor?

Recently bought a new intel i7 3930k processor for gaming purpose. I do love to play games a lot and I am very much interested in making my system up to that mark so that I could able to play any game without even getting any possible issue.

Now after I bought this i7 processor I researched and tested it a bit and came up with the following result:
    • At idle system is at 0.5%
    • This means 99.5% of resource is free
    • Battle field plays at 13%

Now the question is do I need to overclock my processor at this point? If yes then let me know what would be the possible advantage of overclocking it?

Re: What are the advantages of overclocking Intel 3930k processor?

By looking at your research I would only say that if battle field is using only 13% of your processor then overclocking might not be required. And even if you perform overclocking with this processor then you might land up making 13% of usage bit quick and faster.

Another thing is that any of the multithreaded application after overclocking will definitely going to benefit you exponentially from overclocking whereas the single threaded application will be benefited from the a minor partition and not from overall overclocking.

I find the thread and your questions quite interesting. But rather than helping you out i have some doubts regarding the same, just wanted to know whether the game would play perfectly alright or not.

I mean if the same game is played over a network, will the speed of the game performance be affected or the limiting factor will have any impact on its performance. I guess having a benchmark and making sure that things work fine and faster doesn’t really means that the game would work better. Another thing I would like to mention is that if you have a high end CPU there must not be any software present that needed for increasing the speed of the processor that you already having even before doing a overclocking.

I literally do not support overclocking, I personally feels that if your processor is better and well set and most importantly if its new then I guess you need not have to overclock it.

And considering your case, better you drop the plan as far as I can see your processor is as it is giving the best necessary speed and performance with respect to the game. I do not under that people who overclock their system stays stable but my question is do they get more stable and also the software that is running is better.

I must say one thing that in over all different architecture there exist certain big differences. Like if you say a 3960X has some 3 times the cache of a 2500k. If the cache game X 20% is using 30% but faster due to overclocking then you might see certain benefits in the games. And the same thing is applied to the GPU (Graphical Processing Unit). If you are aware then you must know that even a newer and powerful GPU is capable or running the games better and faster after you overclock.

If you are a normal or an average user then I would say that you might probably not end up getting special benefits, but other than this yeah you can get certain advantage with respect to the apps. The applications might open and process quickly and in a faster way.

You can also see an average increase in the load time when it comes to games, they can probably show some fast navigation or accessibility and hence forth you can notice more frames per second if the processor somehow slows down the graphics processor or GPU.

And if you are some sort of high end user like a photo editor or a video or 3D editor, then overclock is for sure going to benefit you with overall processing power with quicker and faster rendering and compiling.

And if you are some sort of high end user like a photo editor or a video or 3D editor, then overclock is for sure going to benefit you with overall processing power with quicker and faster rendering and compiling.
    I would certainly like to comment on your post, regarding rendering I would say that there is a rendering speed limit but a normal user like us can’t make out the difference in the speed for a longer time and therefore at such point this kind of speed limits doesn’t makes any sense.