Thread: Need help with overclocking Intel Celeron 420 up to 1.8Ghz or more

Need help with overclocking Intel Celeron 420 up to 1.8Ghz or more

I have recently assembled computer with the Intel Celeron 420 processor which 1.5 GHZ and I have MSI P43 Neo-F motherboard. I want to over clock the processor to 1.8 GHZ or more. Please let me know how much FSB I should increase and what other things I have to change manually?

Re: Need help with overclocking Intel Celeron 420 up to 1.8Ghz or more

First of all I will suggest you it you have to be very care full because there is a possibility of overheating or blowing your processor. Best of over clocking I can suggest is through BIOS. You have MSI P43 Neo-F motherboard and you have to take care about the voltages for other things you don’t have to worry. You have to set RAM ratio to 1:1 and then you have to set CPU voltage to 1.35. Now after doing that you have to save the settings in the BIOS and after saving the settings in the BIOS you have to restart your computer and then you have to see whether all the things are working fine or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Aileya View Post
    First of all I will suggest you it you have to be very care full because there is a possibility of overheating or blowing your processor. Best of over clocking I can suggest is through BIOS. You have MSI P43 Neo-F motherboard and you have to take care about the voltages for other things you don’t have to worry. You have to set RAM ratio to 1:1 and then you have to set CPU voltage to 1.35. Now after doing that you have to save the settings in the BIOS and after saving the settings in the BIOS you have to restart your computer and then you have to see whether all the things are working fine or not?
    After following the steps I am facing problem while booting the computer. Sometimes it retorts randomly and sometimes I don’t get anything on monitor. What I need to change in the setting please let me know. Thank you in advance.

After referring your post I will suggest you to lower the FSB in little bit and then check whether your problem gets solved or not? If that give you same problem then you have to keep changing the FSB till system works properly. If you have any more doubts then you can ask.

Yes I have also Intel Celeron 420 processor and facing the similar problem with booting and then I have lower the FSB and then when I start my computer at that time it was working absolutely fine I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.