Thread: Unable to change clock ratio on my Phenom II BE processor

Unable to change clock ratio on my Phenom II BE processor

I have Gigabyte GA M55S S3 ver 2 motherboard and Phenom II BE processor. In my computer I am not able to modify the CPU ratio. i don’t know what is wrong with my system but whenever I change value from default at that time computer does load windows. If anyone have solution for this then let me know.

Re: Unable to change clock ratio on my Phenom II BE processor

In your computer which BIOS you are using? According to me you should check whether you have latest BIOS in your computer or not? If your BIOS version is not latest then update it and then check whether it makes any difference or not?

Yes I totally agree with above post. Latest BIOS version of Gigabyte GA M55S S3 ver 2 motherboard is FJI which you can download from official site of the Gigabyte or you can download by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After downloading the BIOS file you have to update it with the help of Qflash or DOS. Now after updating the BIOS you have to check whether you are able to change the clock ratio not?

I am suggesting you this solution because I was searching solution for this on the internet and I have come to know that we cannot change the clock ratio until it has BIOS version FJI. If you face same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

I have update BIOS in my system after referring your solution but after updating the BISO also I was experiencing the same problem. I have also tried other possible solution but that does not work. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Thank you in advance?

You have mentioned that you have latest BISO in your system but after that also you are facing this problem and that is why I would like to tell you that Go to the BIOS setting and after that you have to load optimized defaults. Save that and then restart your system. After restarting the computer you have to check what the result is. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

You should disconnect your PSU and then remove CMOS battery. After that you have to press and hold the power button of your PC. Now you have to move the jumper of CMOS for some minutes and then move it to original position again. After that you have to start your system and then see what the result is.